JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings All, I'm curious If anyone out there is familiar with or owns one of the custom rifles crafted by the late gunsmith Howard J Sites? A friend has a custom rifle built on a Deutsche Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken action that we're trying to determine the maker of. There is a logo that we think might be him but are not certain.

Thanks in advance!

20230116_193637.jpg 20230116_193657.jpg

Greetings All, I'm curious If anyone out there is familiar with or owns one of the custom rifles crafted by the late gunsmith Howard J Sites? A friend has a custom rifle built on a Deutsche Waffen- und Munitionsfabriken action that we're trying to determine the maker of. There is a logo that we think might be him but are not certain.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 1347634 View attachment 1347635
Good evening, I have a few Howard Sites rifles. Honestly, HJ Sites rifles are the only ones I truly "collect". Howard's rifles usually have elaborate stocks with a diamond in the bottom of the grip. He would also stamp HJ SITES and the caliber just as the barrel begain to taper. The emblem in this photo you shared does not look familiar but i am NOT an expert. I just know what his friends shared with me, most of those guys lived around Covington, VA where Howard's shop was. To sum up what Howard was well known for - Beautiful maple & walnut stocks, mauser actions, jeweled bolts, Heavy or super thin & fluted Douglas barrels. I'd like to see a few more photos of this rifle and i'd be happy to share photos of my rifles if you are still interested. i know this is an older post. thanks!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top