JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
the signs still say no shooting, somebody just spray painted out "no" so it says "shooting".

sounds shady to me.:s0131:

remember proper saftey, dont use private property (unless you have permission), out of city limits, and not within 150 yards of a building or rec area

The areas are now open to shooting. The signs have been replaced with "shoot responsibility" signs.

The pit that is about the 8 mile mark is still open but the trash is starting to pile up again.

There are a few shooting areas near the river along FS 70 but make sure you have the proper backdrop. I was up there camping during Memorial Day weekend and one of the guys got a $275 ticket for unsafe shooting because the Ranger did not like his backdrop (shooting across the river, into the trees with a ridge running behind the trees).

I suggest looking for areas where folks have been shooting and be sure to clean up and take out more than you brought in. There is a Greenwater thread on Seattleguns.net that has a lot of info on Greenwater.

I actually just moved out of the little hamlet of Greenwater, so I can tell you all for certain, yes, that shooting pit is available to shoot at again. However DO NOT leave your trash there. I went back to visit my mom 2 weeks ago and my damn shooting pit was over-run with TRASH. PLEASE clean up after yourselves. Whoever left that bigscreen TV box and all that styrofoam is a genuine ***. Even the hordes of bikers who occasionally have field days at the pit clean up after themselves. Seriously, how hard is it to bring a hefty bag or two?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top