Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Green Water?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by jonnywong, Apr 28, 2010.

1. jonnywong

jonnywong VANC-SEA New Member

Let

2. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

darn i only get sundays off, if you make it out there let me know how it looks i have'nt been there in atleast 6 years.( have fun shootin. :thumbup:

3. THC101

THC101 Pierce County Member

the signs still say no shooting, somebody just spray painted out "no" so it says "shooting".

sounds shady to me.:paranoid:

remember proper saftey, dont use private property (unless you have permission), out of city limits, and not within 150 yards of a building or rec area

4. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

thanks THC101, nice to know.

5. m1gunr

m1gunr Tacoma Member

The areas are now open to shooting. The signs have been replaced with "shoot responsibility" signs.

The pit that is about the 8 mile mark is still open but the trash is starting to pile up again.

There are a few shooting areas near the river along FS 70 but make sure you have the proper backdrop. I was up there camping during Memorial Day weekend and one of the guys got a $275 ticket for unsafe shooting because the Ranger did not like his backdrop (shooting across the river, into the trees with a ridge running behind the trees).

I suggest looking for areas where folks have been shooting and be sure to clean up and take out more than you brought in. There is a Greenwater thread on Seattleguns.net that has a lot of info on Greenwater.

6. BillyDa59

BillyDa59 King County, WA Member

I actually just moved out of the little hamlet of Greenwater, so I can tell you all for certain, yes, that shooting pit is available to shoot at again. However DO NOT leave your trash there. I went back to visit my mom 2 weeks ago and my damn shooting pit was over-run with TRASH. PLEASE clean up after yourselves. Whoever left that bigscreen TV box and all that styrofoam is a genuine ***. Even the hordes of bikers who occasionally have field days at the pit clean up after themselves. Seriously, how hard is it to bring a hefty bag or two?