JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:s0093:The progressive snake eating it's tail.... :D

The M855 round was made by the military as a way to mitigate the effects of lead bullets polluting military training areas and still provide a Geneva convention compliant bullet with a substance that would closely resemble lead. So now the libturds now get to choose; cleaner range areas or "bullet" control.

These dim bulbs don't get that any .223/5.56 bullet will punch through soft body armor like it isn't even there, and it is the same bullets that the police use for this very reason; it defeats bad guy armor too.

So I guess this means I can go back to shooting the lead bullets then?

I have a whole bunch of M855 that does not have green tips, If you took it out of the boxes and dumped it in a ammo can the only way you could identify it would be to pull a bullet and saw it in half.

The whole thing is asinine, There has to be millions of rounds of M855 in private hands
Of course, bit the BIG GIANT PAPER TIGER makss a grrrr sound and it hopes the sheep get really skkeerd.

:s0093:The progressive snake eating it's tail.... :D

The M855 round was made by the military as a way to mitigate the effects of lead bullets polluting military training areas and still provide a Geneva convention compliant bullet with a substance that would closely resemble lead. So now the libturds now get to choose; cleaner range areas or "bullet" control.

These dim bulbs don't get that any .223/5.56 bullet will punch through soft body armor like it isn't even there, and it is the same bullets that the police use for this very reason; it defeats bad guy armor too.

So I guess this means I can go back to shooting the lead bullets then?
No, now they can start working on the lead ban.

At some point Americans will hone in on the (1) person who got up on the wrong side of his fart sack and thought..."hey, what if we do this or that" and use our "wizard of Oz man behind the curtain" powers to scare Americans with one or two examples of our JBTs raiding someone's home and taking their "illegal" whatever we decides it to be stuff.

The BATF gets away with this BS because the (1) person is NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE in a genuine fashion by painful means, such as immediate termination of employment along with termination of any future .gov pension as punishment for not upholding the plain language of the United States Constitution and for basically #$%&*#% over his/her fellow American brothers/sisters/neighbors.

"ATF has been working on a ban of AR-15 "green-tip" ammunition for quite some time and has already issued the ban in its new, 2014 Regulation Guide." [Yes, the 2014 Reg Guide]
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ned-common-at15-green-tip-ammunition-n1966761
And now this:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...s-guide-with-m855-ban-was-a-publishing-error/

"ATF apologizes for any confusion caused by this publishing error."..........NO IT IS NOT THE ATF, it is ONE PERSON who is responsible. They truly believe Americans are completely ignorant.

No, now they can start working on the lead ban.

At some point Americans will hone in on the (1) person who got up on the wrong side of his fart sack and thought..."hey, what if we do this or that" and use our "wizard of Oz man behind the curtain" powers to scare Americans with one or two examples of our JBTs raiding someone's home and taking their "illegal" whatever we decides it to be stuff.

The BATF gets away with this BS because the (1) person is NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE in a genuine fashion by painful means, such as immediate termination of employment along with termination of any future .gov pension as punishment for not upholding the plain language of the United States Constitution and for basically #$%&*#% over his/her fellow American brothers/sisters/neighbors.

Banning lead will be akin to banning oxygen.

Well ....might have made me mean and pizzed off, but besides that......

I would venture there was more involved in that transformation than solvents. :D

Acetone is a purely organic compound and can even produced by the body in small quantities (granted its usually when things are screwy) Not that I would recommend binging on the stuff but its pretty harmless in comparison to other solvents. As a catch all solvent its pretty amazing stuff, I use gallons of it.

I would venture there was more involved in that transformation than solvents. :D

Acetone is a purely organic compound and can even produced by the body in small quantities (granted its usually when things are screwy) Not that I would recommend binging on the stuff but its pretty harmless in comparison to other solvents. As a catch all solvent its pretty amazing stuff, I use gallons of it.

Yeah same here.
Dykem remover :)

Not sure I'd use liquid "anything" that might unknowingly migrate into the case and potentially cause an unseen issue. I was thinking about just re dipping mine in "Purple" paint but, then they would come after my "Purple tip ammo" Think I'm not going to worry about it. It would be a fools decision to try and separate an active shooter from his "Green tip ammo".

Well, that explains why when I drink gasoline and eat barbed wire and then pi$$ fire and heat treated nails. :D

And now the question:

Has the time come to abolish ATF?

Today's New York Times carries an Op-Ed about the unfolding controversy involving the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' attempt to ban the M855 cartridge for modern sport-utility rifles that now has the conspiracy theorists having fits because an exemption for the round was deleted in the latest regulations manual.

<broken link removed>

It's actually pretty easy when you're already sitting on a small mountain of it loaded into stripper clips.... o_O
No, it isn't. Possession would not prohibited, manufacture and sale/purchasing would be.

Edit: I digress: It would be
to regulate the manufacture, importation, and sale of armor piercing ammunition, and for other purposes.

Nowhere does it say possession.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews