Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Green laser vs Red laser

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by NWMoss, Feb 14, 2009.

1. NWMoss

NWMoss Lost, permanently... Member

I've noticed a lot of green lasers floating around tradeshows these days.

Do you have both?

Do you have a preferance? If so, why?

Are there any facts as to which is better?

Is a $80 green laser actually any good?

Post your thoughts.

:starwars:

2. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

I've found the green to be much brighter..more visible in daylight..and it seems you can pick it up at much greater distances.. It is my personal preferrence..

3. Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam Portland Oregon Member

i picked up a green laser/flashlight combo made by aim shot for my 9mm taurus 24/7. i do not have a red laser yet, i do enjoy the green laser tho.

4. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I had an $80 ish green laser and could easily see it at 100yds during the day and even more at night. All the red ones I have messed around with never came close, although I have never owned a red laser

5. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

The green wavelength is easier for the human eye to detect than red so that's a part of the "brighter" factor.

Ultimately you're probably better served, visibility wise, by green but between two units of equal quality green will cost more than red.

No idea how well an $80 laser might work but generally I find that you get what you pay for. It'll probably work fine but who knows how it will stand up to recoil long term. Also, are they sealed? I sure wouldn't trust one on a fighting rifle. Range gun though? why not...

6. korntera

korntera Oregon Member

Don't get cheap, I bought an AIMpoint for $50(normally $100) at the show and after about 50 rounds it has a hard time turning on. I need to hold the switch in place worst $50 ever spent. On the bright side it goes hundreds of yards at night and works well int he day, but I have never had a green laser.

7. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

The real question is, what are you planning on using it on?

8. Weebs

Weebs Clackamas County Member

Stay away from green lasers if you're hunting leprechauns. Everything else should be fine.

9. Eagle_Adam

Eagle_Adam Portland Oregon Member

damn, i will have to call off the leprechaun hunt!

10. gst264

gst264 Independence Member

I got a Veridian for 165 and think it was well worth it. Good quality and the green is so bright and easy see.