JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Back around the turn of the year we had much discussion about storing coffee. I have noticed that Costco online is carrying green, unroasted Arabica coffee in sealed #10 cans. Cans are 3.75 lbs/6 per case. Remember roasting coffee beans stink like a dead pig!
Oh yeah, $89 per case.

Also, I have received my CHL from WA. 39 Days, not too bad!

Last Edited:
I like my coffee... but I would be lost without my tea. Also, my buddy's shop is right next to a coffee roaster, I've never noticed the roasting odor to be as bad as you describe, however I think the bigger issue is how to actually roast beans is something of a rare art.

As far as CPL's mine needs to be re-upped in november, should probably get ready to cut that check.

Roasting the beans is easy! :D

Go until they make a "pop!" noise. For light roast, stop when the popping slows down, for dark roast, go until several minutes elapse after the last "pop!".

Ok, "easy" might be an exaggeration, but the process is not that hard.

I like my coffee... but I would be lost without my tea. Also, my buddy's shop is right next to a coffee roaster, I've never noticed the roasting odor to be as bad as you describe, however I think the bigger issue is how to actually roast beans is something of a rare art.

As far as CPL's mine needs to be re-upped in november, should probably get ready to cut that check.

AMP, that roaster probably has a scrubber in its exhaust. Try roasting in a cast iron pan on your grills burner or whatever you have and I think you will notice the smell......from a distance too!

I've never noticed any horrid smell when roasting my beans. I roast in a stainless frying pan, on the stove top. Rest overnight, grind in the morning. Ahhh....o_O

My bad! I just enjoy hyperbole! I should have written, a strong and easily detected odor. Point being it could give away your location.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top