JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Iook! I made it to the evening news and didn't go to jail.

I'm Dennis. Some here may recognize the handle from motorcycle forums.
The Security six was golden
The 1911 because I don't know any better.
The .270 Win because it does everything I need it to.
The FAL because, well, because. It does seem to be a bit heavier than the last time I took it out for lunch. I don't understand 22 caliber battle rifles but then I'm a dinosaur.
1851 percussion revolver because it's fun when it doesn't have to be deadly.

I own a small milling machine and lathe that were made in America. Both are nearly as old as I am.
With any luck I'll get to spend a few more years on the right side of the turf antagonizing my relations, friends, and acquaintances. I seem to have out lived all my enemies.

If I have a specialty, it's asking "that" question. You know the question about the elephant that just took a dump in the living room, and no one wants to mention it because they think they will be the one to, have to clean it up, offend the elephant, or get stomped by the thundering herd.

I hope we can get along because even though I usually have more questions than answers the older I get the more that tends to balance out.

Enough for now as insomnia has me reading 5" MPBR for my .308 168gr Nosler and trying to estimate near field line of sight intersection ..

~kop

guy.jpg

Welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is!

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Do you do integrals in your head when calculating trajectory?
Welcome to the clown posse.
Thirds, just to make it easy. (Geeks will get this) Unsmooth integrals, even continuously decreasing, get to be a bear if taken in a chunk or inaccurate if not describing adjacent/successive loci.

So, I use http://gundata.org/ballistic-calculator/ :)

Warning, mini rant. What a lot of people and most ballistic calculators do not take into account is that BC is an average not an absolute. A given projectile will have a different BC at 1,600 F/Sec than at 2,600 F/Sec. The less said about that region between 1,080-1,300 F/Sec the better. Effects of the transonic zone are best found by experimentation. So, the reason I use gundata.org is its flexibility and ability to predict at the very least approximate a waterline out to 600 yards for most common projectiles. For instance, their listing for the Federal MatchKing 168gr @ 2650 matches what i see out of a 21" barrel nearly foot for inch. I'd post it here but the last one I did was three-foot resolution and Yuuuuge.

Mils x 3.438 = MOA , MOA / 3.438 = mils, are about all I do in my head anymore.
Lately I don't have to do that because some bright boy finally figured out that Mrad Turrets belong on Mil Dot reticles and MOA on MOA. Only took the dumb bunnies two decades to fix that abortion.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top