JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Firefly is my favorite space western, though)

Firefly Serenity - awh, good times...

Jayne: "You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin charge here."

Take my love.
Take my land.
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care,
I'm still free.
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black.
Tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land
And boil the sea.
You can't take the sky from me.

Have no place I can be
Since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me.

Not a TV show, but I recommend the Red Dead video game series. In particular, the newest installment: Red Dead Redemption 2. It is set in 1899 near the end of the Wild West era. You can play it online, but the single player campaign is more fleshed out and a much more immersive experience.

TV shows, movies, books, and video games all offer different experiences. While I enjoy all of them, I think you have more personal investment when you are making the decisions and determining the outcome of the story.

Regular old time tv westerns?

My top favorites:

RAWHIDE

WAGON TRAIN

GUNSMOKE

HAVE GUN - WILL TRAVEL

I like a few other ones even if I did not watch them on a regular basis years ago as a KID or even now on an OTA station.

Western series?

LONESOME DOVE

CENTENNIAL

Modern western - mystery series?

LONGMIRE

I don't consider JUSTIFIED a western series but we did enjoy it, watched it several times and donated our set to the library.

I may have forgotten some other ones.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews