JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In high school I was in pretty decent shape, towered a bit over my Dad too. I mouthed off once...and only the once...to my Mom using foul language (it was pretty bad language too...).

My Dad booted me -UP- 2 flights of stairs over that one, so I could apologize to her.

Learned pretty darned quick to keep a handle on my mouth & my aggression as a teen from that lesson.
My son calls that "dad strength"...no matter how tough one is, it's not tough enough to kick dad's butt. :D

This is an interesting thread but also a potentially dangerous one especially for those that are either 1) new to owning firearms or 2) To lazy or to smart to read the owners manual. Even if you bought the gun used you can typically find the manual online. page7b

All firearms are not created equal and not every pistol is safe to carry "Cocked & Locked". I'm posting a link to a PDF of Colt's little "Pocket Mustang". Read it over and you will see that early on it starts telling you not to carry it "Cocked & Locked", if your are still unsure the bottom of Colt's page 23 is pretty clear to me? http://stevespages.com/pdf/colt_mkiv_series_80_380_auto_pistols.pdf

Cocked & Locked is definitly the way to go as long as it is safe for your pistol, make sure it is before you end up hurting yourself or someone else.
. Just for discussion.
First in the example it's is talking locked and cocked without the safety on. Second, don't ever confuse lawyerese our cya for reality.

Finally I, me and myself, think anyone that carries Israel is nuts. However, everyone needs to find their own happy spot. If that is not ready to unleash maximum violence when needed it's your choice. ;)

Finally I, me and myself, think anyone that carries Israel is nuts. However, everyone needs to find their own happy spot. If that is not ready to unleash maximum violence when needed it's your choice. ;)

Its OK. You can think we're nuts all you like. That opinion and $1.98 will get you a cup of coffee.

In high school I was in pretty decent shape, towered a bit over my Dad too. I mouthed off once...and only the once...to my Mom using foul language (it was pretty bad language too...).

My Dad booted me -UP- 2 flights of stairs over that one, so I could apologize to her.

Learned pretty darned quick to keep a handle on my mouth & my aggression as a teen from that lesson.
Your dad should have kicked his own azz for not beating you when younger. There was never a time in my life I would have raised my voice to my mother
But I was taught respect at a very young age.
Heck I would have beat your azz if you were my friend and you talked bad to your mom

Learned a few of those life lessons back in my hormone filled and totally confused days. Mouthed of exactly ONE time to mom, and three weeks later when Dad came off the ship I got three teeth knocked out! I learned to always carry in condition 1 when down range and that applies as a civilian too. Your off yer rocker if you actually carry empty chamber no matter the reasons, but it's your choice to do so!

I remember going to a friends house when I was 16 or so and seeing him open up a can of whoopass on his dad. Put him on the ground. I had no idea that sort of thing could happen.

Pretty selective editing - imo. I can find an equal amount of stories of idiots shooting themselves because they had one in the chamber and no safety.

Some people should not carry at all, some people should not carry with one in the chamber, and some people should.

Knowing your abilities and situational awareness trumps all in this debate. There is no one correct answer for every one. Too many people on gun boards assume the average shlep is going to practice, train, and be aware of their carry condition. I don't have that high of regard for the average shlep.

As for me I'll always carry with one in the pipe...but after years in the Military & as an LEO I've been trained and train to keep my booger hook of the bang switch.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top