JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About ten of us convened at Tri-county Gun Club (www.tcgc.org) to complete our safety training for IPSC this last Saturday. We were rained out in a big way in November, so finished the outdoor part on Dec. 5. Weather was clear and cold, but I'm not complaining.

The training team set up 3 stages for us and went over drawing and strong-hand, weak-hand shooting. We all shot the stages, without a timer ;), and had a good day! I'm really looking forward to competing in the spring.

I hope to get a gun ready, though, since shooting my 4 inch XD9 with night sights was a little difficult. FOs are definitely a benefit and I'd like a 5 inch slide. However, all in all, it was not that bad. My main goal will be NOT getting DQ'd, anyway! ;)

-Dave

Sounds like fun. Would like to have a try out at the IPSC myself next year...so I guess I'll need to look into getting some training myself as soon as it starts back up. Gotta pick up the paper work at TCGC and find out what the deal is.

Also going to have get a new pistol for it too....also looking at the XDM.

Fred teaches a great class, it is well worth the time to take. It is just as beneficial as most beginner and mid level handgun classes that are offered today by "pros".

MrAnderson,

I'm a NWF member, and attended the IPSC class in November / December. I'm a tall lefty shooting a HK45.

It's amazing the class is offered by TCGC as part of membership benefits. I felt like I received a lot of good training. In fact, I would like to see if I can take the practical portion of the class again. Very safe, and a lot of fun. Not sure if or when I'll be competing, but the class was very useful.

PDXGS, if I remember right, there were some folks in the bay over shooting long guns around a barricade, with one guy doing some video recording. Correct?

Hi, PeakResources! Sure, I remember you. Unfortunately, I was so anxious about the shooting, I didn't do a good job of catching names. Also, in retrospect, I wish I would have taken some pix! :(

I agree! I was wondering if I could take the class, again, myself! ;)

I'm hoping to get my wife out to the class next year so that we can both compete! I thought it was very safe, as you said, and a great opportunity to get comfortable handling a gun under stress. Ultimately, that was/is my goal! :)

The CQB match was run by one of the Practical Rifle savants (with a British accent). He draws the CQB list from the PR list once he's seen you shoot PR.
I'd suggest attending the PR matches for a while, eventually you'll hear word of one of these invitational CQB matches.

The CQB match was run by one of the Practical Rifle savants (with a British accent). He draws the CQB list from the PR list once he's seen you shoot PR.
I'd suggest attending the PR matches for a while, eventually you'll hear word of one of these invitational CQB matches.

I'm assuming that's the same guy that was in my IPSC squad back in October (not many gun toting brits around here)..him and his wife where there shooting. Very nice people.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top