Great run down on FN's new Browning Hi-power

Reactions

po18guy

Reactions
At almost 2X the $ of the Springfield, it had better be good.
And it will give the BHP tuners fits, as the normally replaced parts apparently have different dimensions.

po18guy

Reactions
I wonder if the introductions of the HP clones will eventually cause a 'softening' of orig BHP prices in the future.
I suspect that they will climb, as they are the "originals." Happened with Colt's Python, even though in some respects, the new gen is substantially better.

Reactions
FN BHP 9MM, what was old is new again. There's a take down lever now. I like the color options.They give you several different color grip panels. The feel is typical BHP. USA made.

tempImagemGLsrg.png tempImagezN7Pjf.png tempImagecZlV7i.png

Reactions
Tisas did make a Hi Power clone that was available 2-3 years ago. I haven’t seen any available new recently. I picked a stainless one up from Brownells in 2018 or so. Nice gun for the money.
You know, I thought I had seen a Tisas Hi-Power before I got interested in the Tisas 1911!

Joe

gmerkt

Reactions
A very small point, this. Having not seen the real deal and only pictures, I am not fond of the SA redesign of the grips.

Reactions
EAA has thrown their hat in the ring as well;

Those new FNs are ugly. They look like a Hi-Power and a 1911 had a kid. I know someone will pay for it, because there is a whole subset of people who like to collect expensive and odd firearms.

^^^I appreciate the input on Girsan. Looked for a Tisas for a long time, never could find one. Almost ordered one of those beat-up Israeli police trade-ins from Mach 1 imports. Then Springfield announced the SA-35.

I ordered two SA-35's from Zanders. Not sure if or when I'll get them as I'm just a little fish in a big pond of FFLs. Zanders solicited for my business and months later has yet to deliver anything. As in *zero* items delivered. Anyway, I plan to keep one SA-35 and put the second one up for sale here at MSRP.

Honest Outlaw did a review. Not at his home range, so the video production is not up to his usual standards, but he always does a great job reviewing a gun.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors May Gun Show
Portland, OR
Rimfire Challenge
Canby, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Redmond, OR

Latest Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top