JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Girsan 1911. Very nice gun!
However....
There are some dimensions that are NOT exactly duplicated.
The frame is...bigger...leaves a larger flat border around the grip panels. The grip screw bushing thread, and screw threads are weird odball metrics, and the shoulder height/diameter are off.
My Tisas 1911 appears to be a faithful clone!
If Tisas made a Hi-Power clone I'd want one!
The Girsan? Meh.

Joe

Not many.
The FN costs about twice as much, so they are in different price points.
Those new FNs are ugly. They look like a Hi-Power and a 1911 had a kid. I know someone will pay for it, because there is a whole subset of people who like to collect expensive and odd firearms.

I have a Girsan 1911. Very nice gun!
However....
There are some dimensions that are NOT exactly duplicated.
The frame is...bigger...leaves a larger flat border around the grip panels. The grip screw bushing thread, and screw threads are weird odball metrics, and the shoulder height/diameter are off.
My Tisas 1911 appears to be a faithful clone!
If Tisas made a Hi-Power clone I'd want one!
The Girsan? Meh.

Joe
^^^I appreciate the input on Girsan. Looked for a Tisas for a long time, never could find one. Almost ordered one of those beat-up Israeli police trade-ins from Mach 1 imports. Then Springfield announced the SA-35.

I ordered two SA-35's from Zanders. Not sure if or when I'll get them as I'm just a little fish in a big pond of FFLs. Zanders solicited for my business and months later has yet to deliver anything. As in *zero* items delivered. Anyway, I plan to keep one SA-35 and put the second one up for sale here at MSRP.

The frame is...bigger...leaves a larger flat border around the grip panels.
I assume this is because the Girsan frame is aluminum and therefore needs to to be larger for added strength?

This and the metric threads and odd shapes and sizes of the screws rule out the Girsan as a 'clone' of the HP as far as I am concerned.
Those new FNs are ugly.
This was my initial thought as well. No doubt a high quality gun but they look a little bulky with the ambi controls.

I assume this is because the Girsan frame is aluminum and therefore needs to to be larger for added strength?

This and the metric threads and odd shapes and sizes of the screws rule out the Girsan as a 'clone' of the HP as far as I am concerned.

This was my initial thought as well. No doubt a high quality gun but they look a little bulky with the ambi controls.
FN used metric threads on everything since the Belgians accepted the Metric standards in the latter part of the 19th C.

Turkey adopted the metric system around 1922.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top