Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Great reason to carry

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by twoclones, Nov 2, 2010.

1. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

Tuesday, Nov. 02, 2010

CRIME: Good Samaritans robbed in north Franklin County
    By Paula Horton, Herald staff writer
    Two good Samaritans were robbed early this morning after stopping to help a couple in what appeared to be a disabled vehicle in north Franklin County, authorities said.

The man and woman were driving west on Hendricks Road at 6 a.m., when they saw a red or maroon four-door sedan on the side of the road, said Franklin County sheriff’s Detective Lee Barrow.

Almost immediately after the man contacted the male in the disabled car, the suspect displayed a small caliber handgun and forced the man into the suspect’s car, Barrow said.

The female suspect then went to the victim’s car and displayed a 2- to 4-inch knife at the woman still in the car, he said.

The suspects drove both vehicles to a nearby haystack and ordered the victims out of the vehicles.

Jewelry, cash and cell phones were taken from the victims, along with their gold 2005 Ford Explorer, with Washington plate 028-ZKK, police said.

The suspects left with both vehicles.

The victims suffered minor injuries, but did not need medical treatment, Barrow said.

Both suspects spoke broken Spanish and wore dark ski masks to hide their identities, he said.

The male suspect was described as being 5-foot-10 to 6-foot with a medium build. The female suspect was 5-foot to 5-foot-4 with a medium build.

CRIME: Good Samaritans robbed in north Franklin County - Breaking News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

2. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

One reason why I dont really stop to help people as bad as that seems

3. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

sorry what? did the GS really go to help some one in a mask?

4. twoclones

twoclones Tri-Cities, WA Well-Known Member

I doubt the mask was being worn when the GS was flagged down.

I stop to help people and pick up hitch hikers. I also carry 100% of the time (excluding showers).

5. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

This is the only reason I don't stop to help people (at least not at night).

6. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

What does spoke "broken Spanish" mean? This seems to be very poor reporting.

7. Mookie

Mookie Eastern Washington Active Member

That would be Mexican Spanish :D Spanish Spanish is Spanish.

Ow.

8. lowly monk

lowly monk Beaverton, Oregon. Just a guy. Bronze Supporter

Bounty!

9. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

It means they were probably not native spanish speakers. They poorly communicated in spanish, probably hoping to convince the victim that they were mexican and taint the suspect description when the police took the report.

Usually, when someone speaks "broken english", it's a non-native english speaker trying to muster up a few sentences.

Or, perhaps they meant they were speaking broken english, with a spanish accent.

I agree, poor reporting.

10. usmc

usmc oregon Active Member

im sorry, but i would VIOLENTLY attack anyone who put a gun in my face or a weapon of any kind.without hesitation. no one expects you to do a damn thing but lay down and take it. go NUTS absolutely insane and tear them to pieces.or at the very least empty a can of pepper spray in their eye sockets.take control of the situation and control the out come.improvise,overcome, adapt!! i know this sounds intense but i cant stand this happening to innocent people.