JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This IS cool. I wonder how long before we can see them being distributed. I have not used the program myself, can you do any research on the rifles/handguns and see their history at all?

MEH! dont hold your breath......nra is always posting moot issues

remember their claim to fame a few months back regaining Californians hand gun laws....which were moot before they even began the lawsuit :rolleyes:
because you couldnt get around the "may or shall" issues and no way calif was going along with SHALL ISSUE

While I like the idea, I take issue with the title of the thread.
There is nothing "excess" about the 1911 Colt.
Essential yes, excess no! :D

If you read the bill, it gets even BETTER! I like this part a lot:
Subtitle D—Air Force Programs
Sec. 141. Backup inventory status of A–10 aircraft.
Sec. 142. Prohibition on availability of funds for retirement of A–10 aircraft.
Sec 142 reads:
SEC. 142. PROHIBITION ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR RETIREMENT
OF A–10 AIRCRAFT.
(a) PROHIBITION ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDS FOR RETIREMENT.—
Except as provided by section 141, none of the funds authorized
to be appropriated by this Act or otherwise made available for
fiscal year 2016 for the Air Force may be obligated or expended
to retire, prepare to retire, or place in storage or on backup aircraft
inventory status any A–10 aircraft.
(b) ADDITIONAL LIMITATIONS ON RETIREMENT.—
(1) IN GENERAL
.—Except as provided by section 141, and
in addition to the limitation in subsection (a), during the period
before December 31, 2016, the Secretary of the Air Force may
not retire, prepare to retire, or place in storage or on backup
flying status any A–10 aircraft.
(2) MINIMUM INVENTORY REQUIREMENT
.—The Secretary of the Air Force shall ensure the Air Force maintains a minimum
of 171 A–10 aircraft designated as primary mission aircraft
inventory.

The enemy's "Nightmare of the First Order."

http%3A%2F%2Fmedia-cache-ec0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F55%2F43%2F93%2F554393111b72d58556f8ba0ec5973580.jpg

We're still gonna rock the HAWG!!!!!!!

PS: Who says the midterm elections don't count?!?

Did some pro gun senator slip that into the middle of the bill so he would just gloss over it, or did they use Pelosi language "you have to pass the bill to know whats in it" on him?

My one question on these CMP guns - are they going to be safe queens or will these things handle a steady diet of modern 230 grain rounds without the slides or frames cracking? I vaguely remember reading that the heat treating on the old guns was spot treatment and not whole frame/whole slide.

I could always welcome more 1911's !:D

Already have many CMP long guns. But had to scrounge the WWII 1911's from other sources.
Very nice collection WWII Arms... Kinda making me jealous.... Always wanted a WWII 1911, but prices on nice specimens is a tad prohibitive... Perhaps this will make serviceable units available at reasonable prices...

The 1911's I shot in the 80's Army were clapped out and rebuilt[more than once] junk.
Any nice guns will be sold at CMP's auction[ Like my M1A1] for top dollar!
That's what my dad said too. He entered the army towards the end of WWII, and said for the most part, the 1911 he used in training would have been more lethal if he had thrown it at the target.
When he got to Germany however, his CO (MPs) had the armorer set him up with one that wasn't worn so bad and would group pretty well.

Lot of those guns used in WW2 were 30 years old and probably well shot out. Just like the ones in Vietnam were probably largely WW2 production - another batch of 30+ year old guns. By the time the Beretta replaced them its understandable they were "well worn"

My step dad has a gun his grandpa brought home from his WW2 service. His granddad was a sailor. His gun is a Colt, marked govt property, and is entirely nickel finished. I did a complete strip down and cleaning/inspection of the gun for him a few years ago - his gramps had passed the gun to his dad, who left the gun loaded (with lead, non jacketed ammo no less) and stuffed in a leather holster. When he inherited the gun, the oil and grime in the gun had it gummed up pretty good, the lead was corroding away, and the recoil spring was weak.

After a good long soak in some ATF, and a new Wolff recoil spring, we got that gun running again. Cool piece of history. Somewhere I have/had some pix of of the gun, I'll hafta hunt for them.

The 1911 is a work of art, and a fun gun to shoot; and also from another time.

I plan on picking up a couple of them at least. They will form the foundation of some truly fun to shoot guns.

My one question on these CMP guns - are they going to be safe queens or will these things handle a steady diet of modern 230 grain rounds without the slides or frames cracking? I vaguely remember reading that the heat treating on the old guns was spot treatment and not whole frame/whole slide.

Yes you can see the heat treated areas. Last 2-3'' of the slide. And the area around the slide stop.
But they are heat treated and ''Good to go''.
1911's 020.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top