JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol...

1526874840263-103320222.jpg

Found it :s0125::s0054::s0125:

Right where you set it, I assume? :) I spent over an hour searching for a bolt for something I was working on in the garage a while back, even had my wife helping me. I eventually found it, in one of my pockets that I had checked multiple times. Getting old stinks, and I'm not even that old yet!

Lots to say about this fairly common problem. As we get older, we acquire too much stuff. Hand loaders are known to be hoarders. The more stuff we have, the harder it is to keep track of individual items. I get tangled up in compulsive searches all the time. When you are handling something that has a usual place, make a mental note of where you set it down when it's not that usual place. Use some mental trick to remember where that place was. If you've wasted more than an hour looking for it, quit and buy another one. It's bound to turn up eventually, very likely in the course of another compulsive search for some other item.

I've lived in the same place for 31 years. In that time, many things have sat in their usual places for long periods. When I have a clean-out project, some items get moved. This is a big problem, once moved, they cannot be found again.

Of a random 1,000 items that hoarders retain, they rarely use many of them. They keep these things, thinking something like, "That will come in handy one day" or "I've got to stash this away because it may become scarce." But of those 1,000 items, they only ever come to need, say, three of them. But they cannot find those three out of the other 997 so what good are they?

It's bad enough around here that I keep a little list of missing items.

Today, it was my big 5' x 9' 5" US flag. I wanted to display it for the holiday tomorrow. I spent about an hour going through all the closets looking for it. It had a regular place in one of the closets, wasn't there. I finally gave up; when my Mrs. got home, I asked her if she'd seen it. She said, "Isn't it in the linen closet?" The only closet that I didn't look in. There it was, but also in my own search, I found my missing electronic hearing protectors.

I've got a vibratory tumbler that I've had for 35 years. By some miracle, I've never lost the rubber keeper for the lid.

Lots to say about this fairly common problem. As we get older, we acquire too much stuff. Hand loaders are known to be hoarders. The more stuff we have, the harder it is to keep track of individual items. I get tangled up in compulsive searches all the time. When you are handling something that has a usual place, make a mental note of where you set it down when it's not that usual place. Use some mental trick to remember where that place was. If you've wasted more than an hour looking for it, quit and buy another one. It's bound to turn up eventually, very likely in the course of another compulsive search for some other item.

I've lived in the same place for 31 years. In that time, many things have sat in their usual places for long periods. When I have a clean-out project, some items get moved. This is a big problem, once moved, they cannot be found again.

Of a random 1,000 items that hoarders retain, they rarely use many of them. They keep these things, thinking something like, "That will come in handy one day" or "I've got to stash this away because it may become scarce." But of those 1,000 items, they only ever come to need, say, three of them. But they cannot find those three out of the other 997 so what good are they?

It's bad enough around here that I keep a little list of missing items.

Today, it was my big 5' x 9' 5" US flag. I wanted to display it for the holiday tomorrow. I spent about an hour going through all the closets looking for it. It had a regular place in one of the closets, wasn't there. I finally gave up; when my Mrs. got home, I asked her if she'd seen it. She said, "Isn't it in the linen closet?" The only closet that I didn't look in. There it was, but also in my own search, I found my missing electronic hearing protectors.

I've got a vibratory tumbler that I've had for 35 years. By some miracle, I've never lost the rubber keeper for the lid.
my US flag is in the same spot year round:D

im impressed you havent lost the rubber keeper for your lid!:D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top