Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Great, just the kind of media attention WAC needs...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Bhowe, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Bhowe

Bhowe Seattle Member

Anyone else see this report?

KING5.com | Seattle News Video on Demand

Listen at the end when some gun hating lib makes up figures regarding the percentage of guns used in crimes having been bought from gun shows. You gotta wonder how many gun hating libs out there take his bogus figures as fact.

2. keystir

keystir Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I was almost ready to say I thought that was a pretty fair presentation of the story by the tv station until the female anchor threw in that last jab implying that restrictions should be even greater as the perp had already passed a background check for WAC membership and that didn't stop him from getting a gun.

I did think the station did do a good job of getting the anti-gun folks position and then following up with statistics of their own that clearly disputed his.

Overall, considering how bad this makes gun shows look I think it could have been much worse.

3. Bhowe

Bhowe Seattle Member

Oh no... I agree, could have been much worse.

4. Dell_dude

Dell_dude Vancouver, WA Member

Of course they will.

Look at how many morons believed and regurgitate the bogus reports that 90% of all the guns being used in Mexican crimes coming from the U.S.?

5. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

I felt it was a pretty fair interview. As A WAC member we did not come off looking bad. Im glad the interviewed Skip (a neighbor of mine), not only does he work at Oly Arms but runs a gun business at the gun shows. Every time I hear about the sales only going thru FFL gun dealers I say waht about cars? They kill more people than guns and you can still sell those to anybody you want. Do you check to see if there person buying your car has a drivers license? How do you know the person buying it wont use it in a DUI or rob a bank?