JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I decided I needed a second gun safe. After some research about quality vs. price, I decided on a Tracker safe. In particular, I bought a TL-170 with the standard dial lock.

The fit and finish on the outside are wonderful. The shelves are a little thin, but functional. I wished the adjustable shelf rests were metal instead of plastic, so I will have to replace them eventually. Each shelf is carrying quite a bit of weight!

I mounted it to a concrete floor with two 3/8" Red Head concrete anchors. There were two included, but they were 1/2" and I didn't have a 1/2" masonry bit. It went very well!

The best part of this purchase was the AWESOME customer service! The safe was ready for me when I arrived, they loaded it into the UHaul I'd rented, and they gave a great tutorial about function and care.

I highly recommend this safe company to you guys! I am very happy with my safe and my experience with guys there in Vancouver!!

P3260001.jpg
P3260002.jpg

The rifle slots are offset, so it can actually fit what it says. I have 2 caveats to that assessment, though.

1) Bolt-action rifles: the bolt handle of my .22 requires me to put it in the next slot, thus making the storage number one less. However, I could just remove the bolt and it would fit laterally just fine.

2) Pistol-grip rifles: THis is only a problem with the narrower safes, I'm sure. Mine is 23" wide. The pistol grip of my AR-15 doesn't really fit. I need to put it in the outermost slot. Some of this problem is also caused by the fact that my AR has a scope. I'd want my AR in the first slot, anyway, so this isn't really a problem. The 30" safe wouldn't have this "problem."

Again, it was the service that really made this safe worth every penny of $479!

Aren't those both answered on the website? I'm no Tracker Safe expert, just an impressed customer. I'm sure sure that Sean ([email protected]) would answer any questions. He was sure willing to answer all of my questions.

I did not see Country of Origin/Manufacture information anywhere on the website, that's why I asked. I am not in the market for a safe right now, so I am not going to trouble the company about it.

I decided I needed a second gun safe. After some research about quality vs. price, I decided on a Tracker safe. In particular, I bought a TL-170 with the standard dial lock.

The fit and finish on the outside are wonderful. The shelves are a little thin, but functional. I wished the adjustable shelf rests were metal instead of plastic, so I will have to replace them eventually. Each shelf is carrying quite a bit of weight!

I mounted it to a concrete floor with two 3/8" Red Head concrete anchors. There were two included, but they were 1/2" and I didn't have a 1/2" masonry bit. It went very well!

The best part of this purchase was the AWESOME customer service! The safe was ready for me when I arrived, they loaded it into the UHaul I'd rented, and they gave a great tutorial about function and care.

I highly recommend this safe company to you guys! I am very happy with my safe and my experience with guys there in Vancouver!!

P3260001.jpg
P3260002.jpg

Just out of curiosity how many people did it take to move it into place? Also what type of drill did you use to anchor the safe to the floor? Do you think that a laptop would fit in on one of the shelves?

These safes look a lot nicer than the Sentry Safes I've been looking at through home depot.

Just out of curiosity how many people did it take to move it into place? Also what type of drill did you use to anchor the safe to the floor? Do you think that a laptop would fit in on one of the shelves?

Have you looked their website?

"Pre-Drilled Holes (2) in the bottom of the safe for anchoring the safe to the floor (bolt hardware included)."

I did it myself and I'm no beefcake. I rented a UHaul with a ramp and also rented an appliance dolly. It was definitely heavy, but I was able to move it from the truck to my location in the house without help. I used a 1/2" drill (most standard drills are 3/8" chuck) with a 3/8" masonry drill bit. The safe included 1/2" concrete anchors so I used my own 3/8"x3" Red Head concrete anchors. If I had a hammer drill, I would have used that.

A laptop would be no match for the size of even the 23" wide safe. What kind of laptop do you think wouldn't fit?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top