Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Great dialogue with Dep. Sheriff while shooting this weekend

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by lyoncoeur, Jan 25, 2016.

1. lyoncoeur

lyoncoeur Gladstone, Oregon New Member

Hi folks, I don't post very often, but I wanted to share what I felt was a great dialogue I had while shooting outdoors this weekend.

A group of friends and I were up the Molalla River shooting in a well used pit, there were about 4 groups there including us... the Clackamas county Sheriff patrol car arrived about 3pm and two gentlemen one uniformed (and looked like he just graduated from HS) and the other, more "incognito" for the purpose of 'training'.

I engaged in conversation with the more senior dep. and learned that he was bringing out the younger person to get acquainted with situations where citizens are lawfully engaging in firearms practice...situations his training would not had prepared him for. I was impressed with both of them and their demeanor and approach-ability. I just wanted to share my good experience.

Cheers!
    Eric

Stand Up, Focer, NWGlockgal and 12 others like this.
  2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Thats pretty cool.
    Ive had run ins with leos where I shoot. They seemed pretty nice as well.

3. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

EVERY time i've talked to LEOs when i have been in possession of a gun(s) has gone smoothly. respect them and they'll respect you.

4. Garg

Garg east of portland metro Hold my beer..... watch this Bronze Supporter

Yeah. the Clackamas County peeps are great.

Stomper and 308 like this.
  5. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

From our clean up last year. I think this tells a better story about us than any article on gun owners

[​IMG]

etrain16, BBQ Guy, Focer and 8 others like this.
  6. alaskaflounder

alaskaflounder Willamette Valley New Member

Had similar experience(s) here with Lane County Sheriff. Friends and I just stopped shooting, kept our hands exposed until we got to talking. Heck, he even shared where he had been seeing some elk! Also seem to attract State Police while out hunting every year. Most are really fine people but have also run into a few with power trips.

7. BEN LILLY

BEN LILLY Lincoln City, OR NRA LIFE MEMBER Bronze Supporter

Most LEO'S are gun enthusiasts. They are not there to into fear with lawful shooting activity.

8. Stand Up

Stand Up Oregon New Member

If you take the time to talk to your local sheriff's and city PD I think you will find they are very good people. They support the second amendment because they realize it is the keystone to our nation's laws. It's the federal guys you have to look out for. Some of them don't see things the same way....