JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks, I don't post very often, but I wanted to share what I felt was a great dialogue I had while shooting outdoors this weekend.

A group of friends and I were up the Molalla River shooting in a well used pit, there were about 4 groups there including us... the Clackamas county Sheriff patrol car arrived about 3pm and two gentlemen one uniformed (and looked like he just graduated from HS) and the other, more "incognito" for the purpose of 'training'.

I engaged in conversation with the more senior dep. and learned that he was bringing out the younger person to get acquainted with situations where citizens are lawfully engaging in firearms practice...situations his training would not had prepared him for. I was impressed with both of them and their demeanor and approach-ability. I just wanted to share my good experience.

Cheers!
Eric

From our clean up last year. I think this tells a better story about us than any article on gun owners

img_3623-jpg.jpg

Had similar experience(s) here with Lane County Sheriff. Friends and I just stopped shooting, kept our hands exposed until we got to talking. Heck, he even shared where he had been seeing some elk! Also seem to attract State Police while out hunting every year. Most are really fine people but have also run into a few with power trips.

If you take the time to talk to your local sheriff's and city PD I think you will find they are very good people. They support the second amendment because they realize it is the keystone to our nation's laws. It's the federal guys you have to look out for. Some of them don't see things the same way....

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top