JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
FYI there is a great deal online right now for Datrex survival bars. Essentially they taste like pie crust/ghram cracker/ with a hint of Coconut. Pretty sure its made with healthy ingrediants too. Not bad. I just ate one from an old stash that was made around 2009 and it tasted/smelled fine. They are $49.99 per 30lb case of 20, usually they are around $95-$150 online. Free shipping if you spend more than $75 and they gave me a promo code "NEW15" to get 15% off everything. Really good deal, they sold out but look to have more in stock:

Took about 2 days after ordering to be delivered to my place in Lynnwood.

FYI there is a great deal online right now for Datrex survival bars. Essentially they taste like pie crust/ghram cracker/ with a hint of Coconut. Pretty sure its made with healthy ingrediants too. Not bad. I just ate one from an old stash that was made around 2009 and it tasted/smelled fine. They are $49.99 per 30lb case of 20, usually they are around $95-$150 online. Free shipping if you spend more than $75 and they gave me a promo code "NEW15" to get 15% off everything. Really good deal, they sold out but look to have more in stock:

Took about 2 days after ordering to be delivered to my place in Lynnwood.

I bought Datrex food bars back in 2016 when I had to replace in my earthquake kits. They expire on 01/21. Not sure how long after the expire date are good for. Also bought some emergency water packets that expire on 01/21 as well.

There are several variety of these bars. Some are pretty good some are not very good. Search around and there are some good comparisons.
I'll try to dig up the link again but there was a site that did a side by side comparison of all the bars. The good and the bad.

Most of these expire and the biggest issue is the short expiration. They are generally still safe to eat past the expire date BUT after that date they start to loose the nutrition in the bars. ALSO, most of these bars get their calories from FAT. Fat is much more easily spoiled. Hence the short shelf life.

If you have these they make good emergency bars for the car kits. Otherwise I'll stick to regular food. Save these for the car and maybe to give away. Also, sales like the OP are a good way to refresh your stock every 5-7 years. This thread reminds me to go check the dates again. Probably time to refresh mine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top