JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I visited a store called Mega Foods in Woodburn on Saturday near the Bimart. They had a bunch of dry pasta in 7oz packages that were priced at 7 packages for $1. That comes out to about 3lbs for a buck. If you are short on cash but want to put a way some calories (besides rice) for an emergency this would be a cheap way to do it. I have used 10 year old dried pasta that was stored in regular packaging and it cooked up fine.

My cheap dried food is the Idahoan freeze-dried potato flakes in different flavors for $.88 each at Winco. I've got a box full of them stashed away.

Before I started keto, I would live off of those things. A can of peas and a package of loaded baked potato was a hearty, delicious, and dirt cheap meal for a bachelor.

My cheap dried food is the Idahoan freeze-dried potato flakes in different flavors for $.88 each at Winco. I've got a box full of them stashed away.

Before I started keto, I would live off of those things. A can of peas and a package of loaded baked potato was a hearty, delicious, and dirt cheap meal for a bachelor.
How is keto working for you?

How is keto working for you?
When I'm strict, I lose about 2-3 lbs a week. When I cheat a couple of days a week, I don't gain weight. When I started walking every day and stayed pretty strict with keto, I lost ten pounds in two weeks. But, I have to take fiber pills in order to poop when I'm strict on keto. It's pretty amazing how fast the weight comes off when you're strict, but just a little bit of cheating stalls the weight loss.

The bad thing is when prepping for food storage, there is nearly nothing that is keto friendly except canned meats and nuts. My food storage I have is all high-carb stuff like canned goods and the freeze-dried potato stuff, plus Top Ramen.

I figure if the time comes when I have to rely on my food storage, losing weight will be the least of my concerns.

The downside is most of my stuff will have to be donated to the local food bank when it gets near to expiration since eating it would destroy me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top