JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It probably wont be as accurate as an AR, but it will probably be more accurate than an AK. It has a 19" barrel, some people on the web claim 3"s at 200 yards iron sights with theirs, others less. I just like the .223 factor, and that I can shoot wolf in it all day long and not worry as much as I would if I were shooting wolf in an AR. There is also an AR mag adapter, which IMHO, would make it nearly the perfect MBR. Well see, I just bought 2K rounds of 7.62X39 and 10 Ak mags today, so if they still have these by mid next week I will be getting one....

It probably wont be as accurate as an AR, but it will probably be more accurate than an AK. It has a 19" barrel, some people on the web claim 3"s at 200 yards iron sights with theirs, others less. I just like the .223 factor, and that I can shoot wolf in it all day long and not worry as much as I would if I were shooting wolf in an AR. There is also an AR mag adapter, which IMHO, would make it nearly the perfect MBR. Well see, I just bought 2K rounds of 7.62X39 and 10 Ak mags today, so if they still have these by mid next week I will be getting one....

Man I will take some of that x39 off you hands LOL

I am kind of freaking out about ammo, it seems like everytime I go to get ammo it is more expensive than when I went the time before, so I decided I need to buy in bulk. ammoman.com has a pretty sweet deal, 1K rounds of the Wolf Military Classic 7.62 for $199 SHIPPED. I hope its here in time for the wichaka event.

I am kind of freaking out about ammo, it seems like everytime I go to get ammo it is more expensive than when I went the time before, so I decided I need to buy in bulk. ammoman.com has a pretty sweet deal, 1K rounds of the Wolf Military Classic 7.62 for $199 SHIPPED. I hope its here in time for the wichaka event.

No doubt.. I have 250 rds but want to buy in bulk again... It has jumped on gunbroker $30 in the last 3 months for x39 1k

Cast? Get a bolt action rifle. 2nd choice might be the HK, but I don't know of anyone that's tried cast through one. The Mini-14's gas system is very short and might keep itself clean since it is basically blown clear every round, but again I don't know anyone that's actually done it. And cast bullets would never get near the velocity needed for serious hurt with a .22. Better to stick with a larger bore like the .30. I have no idea how the Mini-30 would do with cast, but I'm reading similar accuracy complaints with it that the Mini-14 gets. Mediocre.

I bought my first rifle, an M1A, back in '78, have added other WW1 and later US military rifles since, and have read about the rest. No expert, I just read alot.

I give my mini's a try with cast see how it goeas and maybe if I can find a deal on a G3... I cast all my own for pistol and I have one bolt action Remington 700 in 308 that is cast only gun but looking to try some other rifle cast boolit stuff I know some guys run cast in AK's just not rapid fire. I want to let loose with some seriuos lead:gun11::gun12::gun04::gun09::gun13::gun21:

I give my mini's a try with cast see how it goeas and maybe if I can find a deal on a G3... I cast all my own for pistol and I have one bolt action Remington 700 in 308 that is cast only gun but looking to try some other rifle cast boolit stuff I know some guys run cast in AK's just not rapid fire. I want to let loose with some seriuos lead:gun11::gun12::gun04::gun09::gun13::gun21:

Maybe just me, but I wouldn't be screwing around with cast bullets in a gas gun. I do a little casting with my dad and only really use the 45ACP and 38spl bullets.

If you're into casting though you might also be up for making your own .224 bullets from fired 22lr casings and lead wire. Those you can run through a gas gun.

If you're into casting though you might also be up for making your own .224 bullets from fired 22lr casings and lead wire. Those you can run through a gas gun.

Do tell... I'm assuming the fired .22lr casing becomes the "jacket" for the casting? Do you have any pics of this procedure?? :s0155:

Do tell... I'm assuming the fired .22lr casing becomes the "jacket" for the casting? Do you have any pics of this procedure?? :s0155:

Yep. the 22lr case becomes the jacket. I've got some info one it from a couple different old gun rags. Give me a few ways, I’ll see if I can dig it all up, scan it in and get it to you. This isn't anything new, just a reoccurring phenomenon in our little gun world.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top