JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a Rossi .22 18" for $87 on sale at Bi-Mart. Cute little thing, weighs nothing. Put a couple hundred rounds through , not a single issue. Also .22 ammo on sale 1400 rounds for $44. That's .04 cents a round.

Never go wrong with a inexpensive little .22 you can throw around and not feel guilty.

You saw it...bought it...and shot it...all on the same day!

image.jpeg

Looks like I might have to move to another state after all...

Just picked up a Rossi .22 18" for $87 on sale at Bi-Mart. Cute little thing, weighs nothing. Put a couple hundred rounds through , not a single issue. Also .22 ammo on sale 1400 rounds for $44. That's .04 cents a round.

Never go wrong with a inexpensive little .22 you can throw around and not feel guilty.
That's less than I paid a few years ago on Black Friday @ $96.

Great rifle, I ended up giving it to a friend as I just didn't need it.

Would make for a great under the seat of a car gun.

Also, I'll probably get another bucket of that Golden Bullet. It's been better than that Federal Black pack stuff they have had lately.

You saw it...bought it...and shot it...all on the same day!

View attachment 663469

Looks like I might have to move to another state after all...

Took me a second to realize what you were talking about. Something to keep in mind if you do plan on moving:

I have this theory that one day enough people will move out of California that it will become the pro gun state and all the states around it will be anti gun.

Took me a second to realize what you were talking about. Something to keep in mind if you do plan on moving:

I have this theory that one day enough people will move out of California that it will become the pro gun state and all the states around it will be anti gun.

No, I 'm afraid it will become more concentrated and virulent until it implodes.

What is interesting to me is all the comments about Californian's moving to and changing neighboring states. Most of what I see personally is conservative leaning folks looking to flee oppressive laws and taxes. This, if true, does not explain the Democrat take over of neighboring governorships and legislators who are pushing or exceeding California leftist lunacies.

No, I 'm afraid it will become more concentrated and virulent until it implodes.

What is interesting to me is all the comments about Californian's moving to and changing neighboring states. Most of what I see personally is conservative leaning folks looking to flee oppressive laws and taxes. This, if true, does not explain the Democrat take over of neighboring governorships and legislators who are pushing or exceeding California leftist lunacies.
The California lefties who move to places like Portland, Austin, Houston, etc had left because of high taxes and housing costs in urban areas. So they cash out on their homes and move to where it's cheaper, yet they still vote the same way. Now it's not so cheap to live in Portland any more. It's not just lefties from Cali but they come from the North East as well. But yes, we will happily take all of the Conservatives from Cali that we can get.

I heard in Texas the California transplants actually helped elect a pro gun candidate.

So yeah probably it's just perception, I really don't know one way or the other. I can say for anyone in this forum I would more then welcome them in our state. :) We need all the help we can get. I'm sure others are thinking the same.

C

Congrats on the Rossi. I was just in there today and saw the Bi-mart deals you reference. They have 2 .22 deals and a 9mm deal going on. They have the stuff stacked up near the gun stuff but it's in the center isle.

Remington bucket of bullets 1400 rounds for $44, and a Federal Black box deal which is 1100 rounds for ...$39 I believe.

Last Edited:
C

Congrats on the Rossi. I was just in there today and saw the Bi-mart deals you reference. They have 2 .22 deals and a 9mm deal going on. They have the stuff stacked up near the gun stuff but it's in the center isle.

Remington bucket of bullets 1400 rounds for $44, and a Federal Black box deal which is 1100 rounds for ...$39 I believe.
That black box stuff has been torture to get through. I made the mistake of buying six boxes. It is now dedicated bolt action food.

This year's Federal Black pack .22 seems to have sketchy priming... We're seeing a lot of Failures to fire, with good hard primer strikes in multiple guns, which have no issues with better ammo. You can re-chamber the round, and it usually fires the second time, but that's annoying when you're shooting semi-autos. The Thunderbolt is a lot better, for cheap ammo... feeds well, small groups. Midway has their sale on right now, so it's .03 a round with free shipping over $49.

Bi-Mart can KMA. They denied my 19 year old son's right to buy a firearm.

i will shop there again never.

* I didn't say that about Dicks when they restricted under 21 year old's from purchasing firearms.
* I didn't say that about Dicks when they said that they were done selling the evil black military weapons of war (standard AR-15's).
* But I did say that about Dicks when I learned that they were actively paying for lobbyists to lobby Congress for more gun laws.

I like Bi-Mart, but might have to look at it closer. Thanks for the heads up.

* I didn't say that about Dicks when they restricted under 21 year old's from purchasing firearms.
* I didn't say that about Dicks when they said that they were done selling the evil black military weapons of war (standard AR-15's).
* But I did say that about Dicks when I learned that they were actively paying for lobbyists to lobby Congress for more gun laws.

I like Bi-Mart, but might have to look at it closer. Thanks for the heads up.
I am with you on the line in the sand being hiring anti-gun lobbyists. I will never darken the door of Dick's, and they just built a nice new store at the local mall here in Kennewick. As for Bi-Mart, I still love their deals, especially in sales taxless Hermiston. And if under 21 year olds are not old enough to be responsible to purchase firearms, maybe they should not be voting or serving in the military either.

So no complaints about the "Golden Bullets"? I don't shoot much .22, and only in a couple of late '40s-early '50s vintage tube fed bolt actions. I'm kind of stocking up in case we get into another dark time. I'd pick up a "Bucket O' Golden" if there's been no issues with them.

As far as Bimart caving to pressure to restrict gun sales to 18 YO. Be a shame to try and put your neighbors and friends out of work wouldn't it? Local company, paying local taxes, employing local people, that like the company and have a stake in the company. They have very low employee turnover. They've already had to close their pharmacies, partly due to increased taxes/fees imposed buy our "Overlords", as I understand it. Yeah, let us get another company like that, out of business. :s0155:
:s0039:

I see it different. It's easy to not patronize a business we don't need or use. But when they have good ammo deals, then folks make excuses about why a certain business should not be held to the same standards we impose on others.

Accept the chipping away at our rights a little bit at a time, and we say, oh, that's not so bad. Pretty soon there will be no chips left. Oh, but then we'll still blame somebody else.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top