JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"(d) 'Firearm accessory' means any device that attaches to a firearm, or that is used in or facilitates the operation of a firearm, including but not limited to stocks, grips, detachable magazines and speedloaders.
So, it doesn't really specify...chainsaws...still legal or not?

I was thumbing through that SB978.

There are some lines that are absolutely nuts and have nothing to do with anything!

Example:

Restricting the age limit for:

"(b) 'Ammunition component' includes primers, powder and accessories that are used to create, modify or reload ammunition.

"(d) 'Firearm accessory' means any device that attaches to a firearm, or that is used in or facilitates the operation of a firearm, including but not limited to stocks, grips, detachable magazines and speedloaders.

I just love this line (NOT!):

"(3) If a person obtains an unsecured firearm as a result of the owner or possessor of a firearm violating subsection (1) of this section and the firearm is used to injure a person or property within two years of the violation, the owner or possessor of the firearm who violated subsection (1) of this section is strictly liable for the injury.

I read this as being an admittance that "trying to squeeze blood from turnip" is the mindset of the Anti-2A supporters. Criminals are criminals and usually don't have much for the State to "take" from them for their crimes. BUT, a legal firearm owner usually has A LOT that the State can take! Up to, and including, all of their possessions that they legally acquired! :mad:
Just to be clear the age limit restrictions are going to be allowed as a legal option for places of public accommodation to follow under this law. It won't be mandatory (yet, in this law, maybe the next one though)

Here is worse case if it all passes, based in history.

20,000+ individuals in Oregon who refuse to comply are arrested.
Jails and prisons do not have the capacity to hold them as they are already bursting at the seams with serious offenders; murders, thieves, hard drug cartel dealers, sex offenders, etc., to dangerous to let roam the streets.
"Camps" surrounded by high barbed wire fences, guarded by gun towers are constructed to hold the "offenders."
In Germany there were called "concentration camps," because they were designed to concentrate the "offenders" in a manageable location(s); in that case the offenders started out being the Jewish people. Soon after their establishment, other "offenders of the Order" were also interned. Homosexuals, member of races other than the White Aryans, political protesters, and more.
This is the Future of America if this madness is not stopped here and now, once and for all.

History is a giant Ferris wheel upon which humanity rides around and around, with few able to dismount without plunging to their death from the heights.

If I read it correctly SB978 would require that my reloading room, or any room where I store a box of bullets (not loaded ammunition) needs to be secured and locked. Seriously?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top