JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Amish Anarchy & Uncle Sam

They don't have air bags or back-up cameras or tire pressure monitors, either. The Amish don't believe such things are necessary and therefore do without.

They also believe it's their decision, their business – and just want to go about their business, leave others alone and be left alone in turn. After all, they're not harming anyone else. And if they harm themselves, the Amish take care of themselves.

It seems reasonable enough.

That doesn't wash for the rest of us, though.

Why should it work for the Amish?

I've been back in that area of the country. There are a LOT of people who dislike/resent the Amish in the area. This bill sounds a lot like plain old fashioned bigotry (again, there a LOT of people like that in the area).

Bill Winch sounds like an asshat. Seat belts and autoglass in a horse drawn buggy? Jesus hes dumb. I do agree with the authors point though, we should be as unmolested as the Amish.

I don't fundamentally disagree. To play Devils Advocate though, would the author's tune change if it was a a group of Muslims wanting to be left alone by the government?

I don't fundamentally disagree. To play Devils Advocate though, would the author's tune change if it was a a group of Muslims wanting to be left alone by the government?

Government would bend over backward for them, most likely. Just like they do in Sweden, Germany, the UK. They already do in parts of the US, esp the burbs of Detroit.

Do the Amish have any plans to game our Political system and insert theirs while claiming that their political system is really a religion of peace? o_O

Nope, and I have nothing against them. Just trying to point out we all have our biases and what's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander. I think it's worth being aware of.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top