Great Birthday/Christmas Presents

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
My wife is amazing at picking out things I like as birthday and Christmas presents. Here are two of the best recent ones.

Birthday 2009: Full boat passes to the Autoclub 500, pit passes, Hendricks hospitality tent, etc.
JohnatInfineon2009.jpg

Christmas 2013: 15 laps in a NASCAR stock car...
rwre2sm.jpg

That second gift is about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on. What great gifts have you received lately?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikej

Reactions
Christmas present a couple years ago from Wifey. I come from a train nut family so the ride IN the locomotive was a real thrill!

I think the engineer may have been the "Original" owner.

6f3ca6a0-7f81-41c6-ad36-ae997f14a96a_zps0825bc12.jpg 320e2dfb-9ae8-4fd7-97eb-f3b954fae7ee_zps02889645.jpg P1020782_zps5ef42600.jpg

<broken link removed>

A few years ago, for my 40th, my wife let me be "a fighter pilot for a day". THAT was the most fun I ever had with my clothes on....(actually a flight suit)

OP
ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
As a former instrument technician my eye is immediately drawn to that huge brass gauge. I've spent many an hour calibrating gauges like that one. My wife is a train buff. Where did your wife find this package? My wife would be thrilled if I did the same for her.

OP
ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
<broken link removed>

A few years ago, for my 40th, my wife let me be "a fighter pilot for a day". THAT was the most fun I ever had with my clothes on....(actually a flight suit)
Wow! Now that is really cool! I'd be up for that.

Mikej

Reactions
As a former instrument technician my eye is immediately drawn to that huge brass gauge. I've spent many an hour calibrating gauges like that one. My wife is a train buff. Where did your wife find this package? My wife would be thrilled if I did the same for her.
Zeke, You just contact these folks http://www.steamtrainride.com/about.php
I would sure hope they still give rides in the loco.

There's also two steam trains that run in Garabaldi to Rochaway and back. One is a little Heisler engine.

The other engine is a real beauty, It's in wonderful shape. I couldn't stop staring at it!
http://wildaboutthenw.com/2013/08/oregon-coast-scenic-railroad-iii/

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom