JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

I did a quick search, but nothing came up. Does anyone know if there are molds for smaller shot, say #5/6? I see the Lee ones for 00, #4 buck and 000.
Marty's Arms makes molds for shot as small as BB size (.180") if that pulls your trigger.

slingshot lead balls ammo molds

When it comes to lead out of a wrist rocket, I've only ever used .457 as I used to have a Ruger Old Army. Will flat kill rabbits and stuff of that size.
I'd sure hate to get hit with one.

@Flopsweat I see your AC/DC and raise you with some Isaac Hayes. :D

saltyballz.jpg

Likely. I'm going to load down if I ever actually stoke fully empty hulls as these have plenty of oomph.
Interestingly, the length of the brass is more of an impression and marketing thing that the ss ammo companies make to impress on the shooter that high brass=high power. Shot shells are very durable mostly no matter the brass length. Estate cartridges have no brass? Weird right? It's a hunt down the hull you want to use and find a load for it thing. Shotshell is a little different. The barrel is thinner. Less wiggle room than pistol follow the recipe. I have found that win AA with proper wads turn out best no matter the load. My experience brother.

Interestingly, the length of the brass is more of an impression and marketing thing that the ss ammo companies make to impress on the shooter that high brass=high power. Shot shells are very durable mostly no matter the brass length. Estate cartridges have no brass? Weird right? It's a hunt down the hull you want to use and find a load for it thing. Shotshell is a little different. The barrel is thinner. Less wiggle room than pistol follow the recipe. I have found that win AA with proper wads turn out best no matter the load. My experience brother.
I never saw it as a marketing ploy. Once you get up into 3 and 3 1/2" I figured it was just a safer bet to up the base.

I never saw it as a marketing ploy. Once you get up into 3 and 3 1/2" I figured it was just a safer bet to up the base.
The brass on a plastic shot shell is really just a marketing thing. It really doesn't require the metal for strength. It's more about the formed/molded construction of the plastic hull and base. Some shells have a separate base wad...win AA don't they are one formed piece. The old paper shells needed brass to keep the paper together I believe and make them chamber better when the humidity was higher. They used to wax coat the old paper shells to help keep them from swelling. It really didn't work in a pump or auto. In a side by or single shot it didn't matter. If you could force them in the chamber they would probably still fire. I used to duck hunt out at Tillamook Bay by Garibaldi. I can tell you all about fat 12 gauge shells not running through a model 12 in the rain. Stuff them in a side by westernfield they still work. Don't miss. Only get 2 shots and you have to pry them out. There won't be a quick reload :p. Plastic shells...a God given miracle...they don't swell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top