Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Grass pollen is killing me

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ought Six, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Ought Six

Ought Six Snoqualmie Valley area Active Member

I want to go outside to get stuff done and shoot, but the grass pollen bloom is upon us. My eyes itch like hell. Even the inside of my ear canals itch. I am sneezing, runny nose, the whole bit. None of that allergy stuff works for me, and I have tried it all. And local raw honey, and bee pollen, and a bunch of other natural cures. F**k allergies! :(

2. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you. My super smart wife showed me something that cured 50% of my suffering. Wash your face and hands often. Pollen sticks to you face (and mustache/beard if you are a guy) and hands. It just irritates you constantly, but clearing it off works better than pills sometimes.

3. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

I'm on a long term allergy shot regimen. Still need allegra OTC in the summer but no more sneezing attacks.

4. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

Eugene and Salem are usually the #1 & #2 worst cities in the USA thanks to grass pollens.

keep checking pollen.com for forcasts. It can help you plan around your allergies.
    Today the worst cities in the U.S. are:

1 Salem, OR
    2 Eugene, OR
    3 Yakima, WA
    4 Portland, OR
    5 Pocatello, ID

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Arghhh! Same here. This year has been really bad. I take allergy meds, but it just makes it less bad this time of year. It still sucks!