JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
being a drug user and having a loaded pistol on school grounds; thats IT. clearly the prosecutors are trying to throw a giant book at him and use this as further "evidence of the need" for an Orwellian system where having bad thoughts and banned literature as well as a collection of "evil weapons" are grounds for arrest and prosecuting.

This happened in another county. Grants Pass is in Josephine County. Medford has the closest federal courthouse.

DUI

Loaded weapon on School gounds while in possession of drugs A history of shooting at people (remember some pellet rifles are as fast as std velocity .22's) And I would say this is just the kind of guy that should be looked at.

And what is happening is he is being held without bail on a Federal Weapons Charge not running a stop sign on the way to work.

I got no problem with the COURTS holding him over. The Medford cops didn't hold him over without bail the Courts did you know the place that is supposed to make this type of decision to try to protect the rest of us.

No doubt this Amoroso guy is a troubled soul, who exercised very poor judgement, breaking two federal laws (one of them dubious) in top of the drunken driving. The charges will elicit very little sympathy. But the planning of a sniper attack seems quite a stretch to justify denying the man's right to bail. I hope he gets a very good lawyer. And help.

if he has a history of mental illness; or a history of violence (some may argue that the fact he shot at a boat with tourists at 15 condemns him); then by all means lock him up. but looking at the story; he's been nonviolent for the last 11 years; and able to be self-employed as a landscaper, and is NOT a convicted felon, because of the juvenile record he had which goes away at 18 last I knew,... yeah he did something stupid, bringing a loaded pistol on school grounds, being high and drunk.....but....he did NOT follow through, and did not seem to seriously consider following through with the "plot", in fact, he was LEAVING the school grounds when they busted him. It does not seem to tell whether or not he CONSENTED to the police's search of his car....I don;t know what law says that anyone suspected of a DUI automatically forfeits the right to deny the police the permission to search their property..I also hope he got a good lawyer for this as well...I don;t see why he needs to be held without bail; especially if he was just being stupid and realized he was gonna be worse off if he did :"follow through" his "plot" if any.

++ good
gee if reading books means you might commit a future crime??
tie that in with guns and some bad choice's made as a youth
yes yes let us throw him in jail , make him pay for what he might have done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sorry am i still in america? constitution and bill of rights any one?

I read the story again and same conclusion. This guy meets all the criteria for LOCK ME UP. Of course you could wait until he kills someone at the school and then look at his history and say well maybe we could have seen this coming but he hadn't been violent for a few years and was a landscaper. I think DWI is going to get your car searched anywhere and he did have a firearm on school grounds. A reasonable person could believe he is a danger and at the least needs to be locked up for awhile for being stupid.

A reasonable person could believe he is a danger and at the least needs to be locked up for awhile for being stupid.

Being stupid is a crime? Then you should be locked up for being stupid on matters of civil liberty.

The only danger I see are out-of-control cops and paranoid tax parasites getting off by bullying people who offend them.

The title is so far off, I guess KGW is in a hurt for readership or who ever wrote this piece can not read.

Amoroso was arrested on a drunken driving charge Oct. 7 after a police officer saw him drive out of a parking lot at Grants Pass High School shortly before midnight on the night of a football game.

Police found a loaded pistol, hundreds of rounds of rifle ammunition, marijuana, a camouflage jacket, and a novel about a sniper attack on a football game in his car. A later search of his home turned up several guns, mostly vintage military rifles, thousands of rounds of ammunition, a military helmet, sniper manuals and other books.

He now faces federal charges of having a gun on school grounds, and being a drug user in possession of a gun.

Correct headline: Cops arrests man for violating unconstitutional, unlawful statutes.

for a pro-2A.pro-liberty publication, sure. for a clearly liberal/biased media...who was it that pushed for the gun-free zones, and who was it that pointed to the school shootings as the REASON schools have to be gun free zones, and declared guns to be always evil and NEVER print stories about people using guns for self defense, and painted the armed open-carry guys as being vigilantes and crazy gun-fetishists who should be arrested, or kept out of society?

Come on people, look at the charges. If you think that driving drunk and possesing firearms on school grounds is ok then keep on sticking up for this guy. That is the charge. The rest of the story is just newspaper bling and is interesting but probably won't matter in convicting him of the charges.

Come on people, look at the charges. If you think that driving drunk and possesing firearms on school grounds is ok then keep on sticking up for this guy. That is the charge. The rest of the story is just newspaper bling and is interesting but probably won't matter in convicting him of the charges.

I think both of those are okay.

Well redcap I'm glad I don't live near you. You think that it is ok for a drunk, illegal drug user with a history of violent crime to possess firearms on school grounds. I'm all for getting your rights back for past transgretions but this guy doesn't seem to have changed his ways.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top