JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oregon Concealed Handgun License Application Event

We are coordinating with Sheriff Glenn Palmer of Grant County, OR. to host a Washington based Oregon Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Application event.

As you may know, Oregon allows for qualifying residents of adjoining states like Washington to apply for a CHL to a county sheriff. For many of us, particularly in Northern WA. It can be challenging and may require extensive time to pursue this.

ACTION:
1. Interested, qualifying persons who are prepared to commit to this activity should contact uberhoo -at- hotmail.com and put 'OR. CHL event request' in the subject line;
2. Copy/paste items 1-4 below and confirm that you meet these requirements with a YES for each line item and will bring all of the required poof documents to the event.

Sheriff Palmer has agreed to process up to 40 applications based on available time; if I receive more than 40 requests, these will be placed on 'standby' for up to 20 slots and you will be notified as a standby candidate, that you may attend, but at the risk of possibly not being processed, depending on the number of confirmed applications who do not show.

DATE: June 16, 2012 (Father's Day weekend)

TIME: 1:00 to 3:00 pm

PLACE: Vancouver, WA.

(location venue will not be published online and only communicated to respondents)

REQUIREMENTS TO BRING WITH YOU:

1. Photocopy of your of WA. Driver's License (or if active military, something showing WA. addr)
2. A copy of a handgun safety course training certificate (see reference above for free online offering)
3. Application fee, $65 cash, check, money order (exact amount), non-refundable
4. Completed and truthfully answered all application questions available at:
Grant County CHL 6 - Oregon Firearms Federation)

Failure to comply with ANY or ALL of the requirements above will result in:

a. possible loss of registration status
b. rejection of your application
c. loss of your non-refundable application fee

If you need to meet the firearms certification requirement, but haven't otherwise completed qualifying training - take the free online Maryland Police Training Commission firearm safety training course. Print the certificate upon completion and bring that as documentation.
LINK: http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

I understand that misrepresenting prior arrests is the #1 reason for rejection. Applicants will be finger printed and have a legal background check run on them, as is standard.

To pre-register, please follow the directions in this post and email me with a simple YES to each of the questions in this message and be sure to bring your completed paperwork; do not send me your application or anything else.

It would be great to arrange car pools to save on gas and congestion. If you are committed to attending and willing to drive others, that's great - please reply and coordinate that between yourselves, as I will have my hands full coordinating with the Sheriff and the registration list.

The location venue will be a public facility, likely a restaurant. It's my goal to secure this location at no additional cost, based on people patronizing the establishment. However, it's possible there may be a room charge and if so, we'll all need to chip in to cover any cost.

Oops, that was a copy/past job. I'll get it fixed as soon as I talk to the person who sent it to me.

Just for clarification, NWFA is not putting on this event, I was asked to share this information.

Ok guys, just updated the original thread with contact info and a working application link.

Joe, do you, or anyone else know if WA state does the same reciprical process for OR CHL holders? Can OR residents get CHL equivilent in WA. IF yes perhaps someone knows a southern WA county to recommend working with?

Joe, do you, or anyone else know if WA state does the same reciprical process for OR CHL holders? Can OR residents get CHL equivilent in WA. IF yes perhaps someone knows a southern WA county to recommend working with?

It's easy for non-residents in WA. Go to a local law enforcement agency with your id and money. WA is shall issue to non-residents.

Cowboy, closest for you is probably Clark County Sheriff in Vancouver. I've renewed there a number of times over the years without any kind of hassle, they're happy to take your money. Takes about 4 weeks to receive the permit after application.

REQUIREMENTS TO BRING WITH YOU:

3. Application fee, $65 cash, check, money order (exact amount), non-refundable
4. Completed and truthfully answered all application questions available at:
Grant County CHL 6 - Oregon Firearms Federation)
Just a verification question... Paragraph 2 Sentence 6 of that document states that non-residents must pay with check or money order unless in-person at a Sheriff's Office, for the initial permit. Is Sheriff Palmer allowing us cash because he's "in-person"? Or are we better off with check/money order?

Thanks

Just a verification question... Paragraph 2 Sentence 6 of that document states that non-residents must pay with check or money order unless in-person at a Sheriff's Office, for the initial permit. Is Sheriff Palmer allowing us cash because he's "in-person"? Or are we better off with check/money order?

Thanks

the requirements are all from Sheriff Palmer, verbatium - cash, check or money order on the fee

Thanks everyone who participated in a successful event, last Saturday, June 16 in Vancouver WA. to apply for an OR. CHL as WA. residents. We had minimal drop outs with 36 persons served. Sheriff Palmer with his wife and daughter assisting are to be commended for support for the NW firearms owner community. Thanks again - and appreciation goes to NWF for it's support by carrying the notice.

Thanks for setting this up uberguy and Joe link for sharing the info! Received my CHL in the mail last week :s0155:
Thanks to Sheriff Palmer his wife and daughter for taking the time to help us out..

I'm not sure how many times he has done the Washington trip but When I was lived in SoCal I know he made a few trips through California and everyone had nice things to say about him, his family, and what he is doing to get more out of state people licensed. Hopefully he is able to keep this up.

Thanks for setting this up uberguy and Joe link for sharing the info! Received my CHL in the mail last week :s0155:
Thanks to Sheriff Palmer his wife and daughter for taking the time to help us out..

Good to hear!

Sorry for the delayed response.

I have mine, good for severa yrs. so I wouldn't expect to be the coordinator for another session, since I'm up north in the Puget Sound area.

But Sheriff Palmer has done this for several years running in Vancouver - typically late spring early summer and may be open to doing it again, if someone wants to step up to coordinate the activity as I did last year.

ref: Grant County Sheriff Canyon City Oregon

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads