JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've got some PMs from a few of you about directions to my "secret" little shooting pit in Grand Ronde. I just got back from there, and on my way, I wrote down my odometer readings, starting at the Bonanza Antuiqe Store on Hwy. 18.
Turn right at Bonanza, odo - 0.
Go straight till stop sign, odo - 1.5.
Go through stop sign and turn right on big paved road, odo - 2.9.
Go down paved road (with huge pot holes everywhere), pit is on the right, odo - 4.3.

These reading were in my Crown Victoria with a Certified Calibrated Speedo/Odo, so they should be really close to perfect. Hope this helps you guys out. Took me 7min to get there from when I turned of Hwy.18.

I went back up there to shot some more about two weeks ago and found out a timber company owns that rock pit and the timber around it and does not aloud shoting up there we had the sheriff stop us ad tell us NO more or we will get a ticket

I went back up there to shot some more about two weeks ago and found out a timber company owns that rock pit and the timber around it and does not aloud shoting up there we had the sheriff stop us ad tell us NO more or we will get a ticket

Yep that is tribe ground, you can contact them they may say it's ok. I think the sheriff is out of line(solvern nation ya know) but that's my opion.
You can go on up the road and stay to the left and there are lots of places to shoot.

the left side of the road is tribe ground and the right side is owend by a timber company also one of my good friend is on the tribe and he also said the rock pit is owend by the timber company and not the tribe

that rock pit doubles as a garbage dump from all the crap people leave behind after shooting. yeah, I know, It ain't you, & it ain't me, but the FACT is, 99% of the garbage is brought up there by A-holes shooting, then leaving it behind.

the left over brass has a way of picking itself up! hundreds & hundreds of shotgun shells are a different story. same thing for blaser ammo. then there's the TVs, computer parts,propane & glass bottles, kids toys, etc. etc. I wouldn't want that dumped on my property either. I believe the pit is owned by Hampton timber. & the previous posters are right. shooting is not allowed there anymore. so when you drive by & see 5 cars full of people out there shooting, It doesnt make it OK, It just means the signs got torn down again.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top