JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No id'r :s0108:

my thing would depend on what my situation was or what happened in society... truthfully there is no best answer/all around firearm as far as make or model... but the best answer for anyone is similar to the proverbial statement of which ever one would you carry on a daily basis and use accurately

I'd still grab the one with all the do-dads. :D

But yeah, this. ^^^. Why I'm I leaving all my stuff behind, again? :s0153:

No id'r :s0108:

my thing would depend on what my situation was or what happened in society... truthfully there is no best answer/all around firearm as far as make or model... but the best answer for anyone is similar to the proverbial statement of which ever one would you carry on a daily basis and use accurately

I'd still grab the one with all the do-dads. :D

Ah HELL no…. The only thing I don't keep in stock is sandbags…. That's what the rioters and looters are for.

;) :D

Last Edited:
Grab one and run? As mentioned previously, it depends on the situation.

I'd probably grab a .22. It can take down a deer and smaller game for food without vaporizing the smaller food. Well placed shots (think face, throat, etc.) can drop a 2 legged creature. And I can carry thousands of rounds where you are at a fraction of rounds for larger calibers. Plus you can quiet a .22 a lot easier than a larger caliber (if needed :s0131: ).

Always a fun discussion with no right answers (or all the right answers?). First priority would be not to leave. If I did have to leave, I'd take a variety of things. If, for academic/discussion purposes, I could only take one, I'd argue for 1 pistol and 1 long gun. But, let's even skip that and say it is literally a single gun. I'd still have a tough time choosing.

- Glock 19: Concealable, takes common Glock mags, common 9mm round.
- Ruger PC Carbine: Semi-concealable (breaks down), takes common Glock mags, common 9mm round.
- Marlin 1894CSBL: Stainless, relatively compact, no need for mags, 38 special or 357 mag. Would make more sense if I could bring a revolver too.
- Ruger 10/22 Takedown: Stainless, semi-concealable with the backpacker stock, can take lots of ammo, quiet with a suppressor, takes common 10/22 mags, common 22lr round.
- 10.5" AR pistol: Relatively compact, common 5.56/.223 rounds, takes common AR mags.
- Mossberg 500: Relatively compact with collapsible AR style stock/grip, no need for mags, common 12GA round.

I have not had a reliability issue with any of the above and would feel confident using any one of them if it came to it. In all honesty though, not going to leave unless I have to. Then it's likely whatever one I can grab first because if I have the time to choose, I will find a way to take more than 1,

Yeah, I'm gonna hop on the .22LR train.

Ideally, an AR-7 or a 10/22 Takedown.

With the AR-7, I can carry the rifle plus 300 rounds for about 5.5 lbs. Another 3.5 lbs if I want a backup AR-7 and I have space in my pack.

That's small game for YEARS even if I never feel comfortable taking a shot on larger game.

I can't answer this question accurately without know the situation causing me to run. So I will just go with the closest to universal choice I have... I would take my Tavor SAR in 5.56mm.

5.56 is effective for most situations, but isn't too heavy so I can carry a reasonable amount of ammo. I would go with an AR-15, but the Tavor gets you the same effectiveness but in a more maneuverable package. Also I upgraded my trigger so it shoots well.

If I could only have one... if I'm stuck in this urban mess, then on goes my shoulder holster and browning Hi-Power. 9mm is common, you can carry a fair bit of it. Wearing a flannel as an over shirt would make me look like anyone else.

I think that open carrying a rifle, even in an emergency, would garner me more attention. I'd want to minimize my appearance, wearing flannel, jeans, boots and keeping my pistol out of sight. I'd be me, boring, you don't want to draw attention to yourself.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top