JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Taken at face value of literally one gun, grab and get out "now," it'd be my Mossberg 500. No, it doesn't hold 30+ rounds, no it won't reach out effectively to 300 yards, no it isn't "cool." What it is, is light, fairly small, extremely versatile, from hunting squirrels to defending against a grizzly, depending on ammo choice. Birds, door frames, you name it. The ammo is universally common. I cannot think of a single gun I own that can do more with less

Invalid question ....

One is none, two is one, three is glee.

1351233B-13C1-43A2-8F8F-FD571F382C12.jpeg

(yes, those are really mine...)

It would be a tough choice between one of the ARs with a few hundred rounds of ammo or my 10/22 takedown with a thousand rounds of ammo. That choice would be made primarily based on how long I thought I might be "in the wind" and what my method of transportation is. Solely on foot, I probably bring the .22 due to its extreme light weight and inconspicuous packaging. I expect I would be avoiding any prolonged engagements, and would need the rifle more for survival and cover fire than for stopping power.

Cool thread to resurrect.

Draco with a drum. I'm not living past the first night anyway, so might as well be entertaining on my way out.
Honest assessment - in any real fight (like a gun fight) most folks aren't going to survive. Everybody will be sure to get their ire up and believes they're the baddest guy out there - newsflash, none of us are, not me, not you, none of us.

The real world, even right now, is one guy burning a claw hammer into another guys skull to take his food.

Thats how I see things anyway and that being the case I think the best thing to do would be to stay as far away from people as possible. I'd think any kind of "need" for a firearm is going to be defensive. The ability to keep said critter "hidden" until "needed" might be handy. I'd figure it would be something you would want to have on you at all times, so relatively lightweight. Obvious choice would be a handgun. Something like a Shockwave might work or SBR/pistol. 10.5 or 11.5-inch AR or Knobgoblin's Draco would fit the bill. I fancy myself an "AR guy" though so think the 11.5-inch Colt 6933 would work well.

But yeah, this. ^^^. Why I'm I leaving all my stuff behind, again? :s0153:
No id'r :s0108:

my thing would depend on what my situation was or what happened in society... truthfully there is no best answer/all around firearm as far as make or model... but the best answer for anyone is similar to the proverbial statement of which ever one would you carry on a daily basis and use accurately

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top