JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They're easily $100.00 below local pricing..
Even with shipping and transfer fees I'm still 50 to 70 dollars ahead.
Went to a local shop and asked them to meet me in the middle and got nowhere.
Offered to take a 40.00 transfer fee instead..
Are margins really that tight and how does grab a gun get such low sales pricing..

Same with Optics Planet.. about 100.00 less on a RMR Trijicon.
Same results.. Meet me in the middle..
Not interested...

Margins must be small to give up over a grand in sales right??

They're easily $100.00 below local pricing..
Even with shipping and transfer fees I'm still 50 to 70 dollars ahead.
Went to a local shop and asked them to meet me in the middle and got nowhere.
Offered to take a 40.00 transfer fee instead..
Are margins really that tight and how does grab a gun get such low sales pricing..

Same with Optics Planet.. about 100.00 less on a RMR Trijicon.
Same results.. Meet me in the middle..
Not interested...

Margins must be small to give up over a grand in sales right??
Several purchases from optics Planet. They always have coupon codes makes them have great deals.

I've bought from both with good success. Personally never had a problem with shipping. They use the same usual carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc).
As mentioned earlier about Optics Planet, they love to use coupon codes. There are zombie codes out there that aren't advertised, but still work. I bought something this weekend that was a "killer deal" meaning their Black Friday codes wouldn't work. The coupon code "notax" still worked on the killer deal and took 10% off.
The other thing with Optics Planet is they will "wheel and deal" if you contact them over the phone or via live chat. I've never contacted them via these two methods and not had them knock something off the price.
Grab a Gun has always been solid for me as well.

I will always try and prefer to buy local/brick & mortar first, but when the dollar difference is substantial and buying online is more convenient...well, it gets complicated.

I bought my S&W Performance Center M&P15-22 from GrabAGun.com and I have bought several scopes, mounts, and lasers from Optics Planet. No problems with either and will continue to buy from them. In fact my order for a Nikon 4-12x40 Riflescope and Nikon P-Series Mount 835 should be arriving from Optics Planet any day now.

Optics Planet also has a sister site named Dvor (dvor.com). They do bulk buys and promotional offers that lasts for hours or days and then they are gone. They usually ship within 24 hours of the promotion ending and even beat Optics Planets typical price.

I've gotten some pretty good deals from their Dvor offerings and been very satisfied with OP prices and shipping in the past.

I prefer to shop locally but if a deal is too good to pass up online I'm gonna go for it.

I've used both Grab A Gun, Bud's Gun Shop and Optics Planet (with coupon codes as noted above) and have not had any problems with service or shipping.

It looks like its totally manufacturer dependent on pricing.

For example - I want to get an FN FNX-9

The standard price I have seen online is $599

Local prices go $579 to $599

GrabAGun price? $599, couple show up for even $799. Hard pass there

I can get one at Sportman's Warehouse, special ordered from their website, for $579. I'd even get a used one, which I saw in a shop for $499.

On the flip side - they also have the M&P 2.0 compact 9mm for $379 - that's $100 less than I paid for the one I bought when it came out. Going rate seems to be $499 in most shops for them. So $379, with even a $40 transfer still comes in with an $80 discount. Spiffy.

If they had a screaming deal on a gun I wanted, I can see ordering from them. But I don't see really any good prices on what I shoot - other than the aforementioned M&P.

I bought my S&W Performance Center M&P15-22 from GrabAGun.com and I have bought several scopes, mounts, and lasers from Optics Planet. No problems with either and will continue to buy from them. In fact my order for a Nikon 4-12x40 Riflescope and Nikon P-Series Mount 835 should be arriving from Optics Planet any day now.

I should add that I always try to buy locally first. I tell my kids support your local businesses. However, no local store had the Performance Center version of the S&W M&P15-22 available so I bought it online. I was going to buy the Nikon scope on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse while I was buying my Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle from them but they were sold out and even their online store was sold out too.

I've bought from both with good success. Personally never had a problem with shipping. They use the same usual carriers (USPS, UPS, FedEx, etc).
As mentioned earlier about Optics Planet, they love to use coupon codes. There are zombie codes out there that aren't advertised, but still work. I bought something this weekend that was a "killer deal" meaning their Black Friday codes wouldn't work. The coupon code "notax" still worked on the killer deal and took 10% off.
The other thing with Optics Planet is they will "wheel and deal" if you contact them over the phone or via live chat. I've never contacted them via these two methods and not had them knock something off the price.
Grab a Gun has always been solid for me as well.

I will always try and prefer to buy local/brick & mortar first, but when the dollar difference is substantial and buying online is more convenient...well, it gets complicated.

Would you ever expect them to (have they) put a 400.00+ item on USPS standard mailbox delivery or would they use a trackable shipping method?
Thanks

I should add that I always try to buy locally first. I tell my kids support your local businesses. However, no local store had the Performance Center version of the S&W M&P15-22 available so I bought it online. I was going to buy the Nikon scope on sale at Sportsman's Warehouse while I was buying my Ruger Precision Rimfire Rifle from them but they were sold out and even their online store was sold out too.
I don't really or never have done a online gun purchase.i always buy my guns from local gun store.
But I do buy lot of other things online.
Like mags or red dots so on and so on .

Who's done a transfer lately. $ 40.00 at Keiths. No wonder nobody cares if they sell one or not... Transfer fee and done..

You can enter your ZIP code here Search the FFL Holder Network at GunBroker.com to find FFLs in your area and most list their charges. Some of the less expensive ones near you:

Steve Riehl
Adaptive Firing Solutions, LLC
14788 S Thayer Rd
Oregon City, OR 97045
Click to see on map
Email: Click here to email me

Phone: 971-217-6811
Cell Phone: 971-217-6811
Hours: By Appt.

Long Gun Fee: $20.00
Hand Gun Fee: $20.00
NICS Fee: Included in transfer fee
Other Fee: $50.00 NFA Transfers

Mitch's Hunting Guns
Oregon City, OR 97045
Click to see on map

Hours: 5:30 pm-8:30 pm wed-fri 12:30 pm-5:30 pm sat or appt.

Long Gun Fee: $15.00 paper work
Hand Gun Fee: $15.00 paper work
NICS Fee: $10.00 actual cost

Tanner Mullen
Inked Up Firearms
18413 SE Blanton St
Milwaukie, OR 97267
Click to see on map

Phone: 971-279-6970

Long Gun Fee: $20.00
Hand Gun Fee: $20.00