JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your Purpose ?
If you're looking to be in forests and hills I'd recommend one with the external built in antenna.
I have a 62 and 64 model and they hold signal well.

They don't have the fancy graphics the Oregon has though..
Trade off..

Kids in van came to my camp up near the Eagle Cap Wilderness last year. They got lost following their iphone gps... not much good for woods roads.

GPS mapping may be better choice than phone use. I have Magellan for the car and a really old Garmin for the woods. I'd upgrade the woods unit. but I can't walk out there any more any way.

How reliable is your inreach ?
How much do you pay for the sms plan?
Thanks

I'd say about 70%. I had an issue when they switched companies, and I hadn't ever updated it. After updating it, it hs been ckose to 100% over 3 trips during elk season.

I think I pay about $13/ month for the basic plan.

Spaceman. We just used the seven day free trial. Not sure what the yearly subscription is. I don't think it's very much. It uses your gps on your phone. It gives you satalite view. It was way easier to see were you were at than a regular gps. You can zoom in and out. With the satalite view we could see rock piles,oil wells,water holes.

Use a Garmin Oregon with an OnX chip and OnX on my iPhone in airplane mode. Son has the Garmin and I use the IPhone OnX app. Both have worked pretty well and both have glitched at times. This has been probably due to user error even though we are both familiar with each system.

So even with experience I have made mistakes. That said the Garmin Oregon has been by far the most trustworthy and reliable system. Just make sure you carry an extra set of batteries.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top