GPS Hacking / Spoofing

RicInOR

Reactions
"The spoofing attacks were affecting all GPS devices, not just those on ships. "

Ships - specialized devices for large ships, and
Cell phones impacted. You appear where you are not. Among possible other things.

Suspect it would be similar for trucks and car systems.

My wife bought me a GPS for the odd occasions when I'm required to roam unfamiliar roads. Being a luddite by nature I was loathe to use it, but she wheedled into trying it. Just outside Olympia it chimed in that I had reached my destination. I looked over at it and it showed that my location was the Mexican border with California. I'm fairly certain it produced a nice debris field when it hit the asphalt at 70 MPH, but I didn't bother looking in the rearview to confirm it. Turned on my antiquated mental dead reckoning system and got where I was headed without a single wrong turn.
GPS? No thank you. Maps, landmarks, stars and occasionally a compass work for me just fine. :)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
  • SafeFire Indoor Shooting Range & Retail
    5.00 star(s)
    A great, safe place to go shooting
    Love this place!! Great staff, the range masters are friendly, helpful and alert. This is a safe place to shoot. The store is kind of low on stock...
    • GWS
Top Bottom