Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

gp100

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by deann, May 26, 2013.

1. deann

deann oregon Active Member

i have a gp100 s.s. put 50 rounds down it, i used remmington rounds and have alot of fouling at the end of the cylinder and other small spots any ideas on how to clean it up? kinda odd didnt have this problem with my superredhawk..

2. krivey

krivey mcminnville oregon Active Member

By fouling do you mean carbon build up? If so, a lead cleaning cloth or steel wool and gun oil will take care of it. Midway USA has a lead cleaning cloth for a few $ that's what I use

3. deann

well the end of the cylinder is black powder resadue.

4. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

The GP 100 has a notorious reputation for fouling - with any ammo. I can tell you are never going to be happy with it so better sell or trade it to me - and you can leave it dirty!

5. deann

ha!ha! love it. seriously,only when you pry it from my cold dead hands.. thanks anyway.

6. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Well ok then, plan on hours and hours of laborious maintenance on it!! All kidding aside however it is most likely an ammo issue as oppose to the gun. Many variations of .387/.357 ammo out there and some is much dirtier than others. My experience with the .38/.357 the slower the round the dirtier it seems to shoot. The faster, high velocity .357s seem to run cleaner. Is your GP blue or SS?

7. deann

it is s.steel.

8. deann

thanks for the info,and any other advise you can share.