JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So here's what we need to do. We need to find the Closet Skeletons of Brownstain and Ferguson's legislative enablers, and we need to Alinsky the living sh*t out of them.

12 Ways To Use Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals Against Liberals

We need to start raising questions about why our enemies HATE those who are harmed by equal access, and want to PROTECT violent criminals...

I remember reading this article long ago, but when I re-read it tonight I was struck with how much of it was reflected in the Trump campaign this election.

None of the other GOP candidates would have used these rules (to the extent that Trump did, if at all) and would have lost to Clinton.

It really points out that someone with the willingness to take chances and ignore criticism can be an element of change if they have (or can get) the resources to get their message out!

I don't see any "debate between OR and WA." As long as Democrats (including those I know who own guns) continue to vote for Democrats, we're all in trouble. One silly restriction at a time, the anti-gun agenda will continue its insidious incremental march toward where California is already heading - and beyond.
I agree, death by a thousand cuts from the demonkrats!:mad:

According to an article in yesterday's paper our State Rep, Carl Wilson, expects to see legislation introduced soon that will ban magazines over 10 rounds, and require a background check to buy ammo. Sure hope he is wrong. He is a good guy and strongly opposed to both measures.

I'd love to see "no BGC for CHL holders," and/or repeal of SB 941, and a renewed effort for "No more fake emergencies" so poor laws can't be slipped through as easy as an "emergency" with no opportunity to vote on them (or maybe something where things passed as an emergency are only valid until the next scheduled vote, at which time it MUST be voted on to continue."

At the federal level, I'd love to see removal of suppressors (and maybe even SBRs, though that might be a hard sell) from NFA, and national CC reciprocity.

According to an article in yesterday's paper our State Rep, Carl Wilson, expects to see legislation introduced soon that will ban magazines over 10 rounds, and require a background check to buy ammo. Sure hope he is wrong. He is a good guy and strongly opposed to both measures.
God that sounds like a nightmare scenario.

God that sounds like a nightmare scenario.

I'm hoping that's not the case, but if it is, at least for the folks that live in the Portland area, for example, a simple trip across the bridge solves the problem, so long as WA doesn't implement the same thing.

Mag bans and ammo background checks are pretty much worthless, unless all other states do the same thing. Otherwise, you'll have folks making trips out of state, buying up ammo and mags and bringing them here to sell their buddies. With no serial numbers on mags or ammo, you can't prove when or where it was purchased. And, it's highly unlikely they would go for a full mag ban without some kind of grandfather clause on previously owned magazines - it's just unenforceable.

As much as SB941 is already ignored - and apparently isn't even being enforced in the state - remember the f'ing "pastor" in Lake O that ignored the law and got a free pass? They don't have the resources or really even the interest in pursuing such things, they just hope most will comply out of fear. Well, f'ck the whole lot of them. Pass your bans, and you'll see, I'm guessing a good 95% non-compliance rate.

I'm really sick of these politicians, and I'm seriously not happy with the folks in this state that keep sending them back to Salem WTF people? You really enjoy having your daily lives, your very liberties, dictated by a handful of freedom-hating goons?

Sorry, just not in the mood for this kind of crap right now :mad:

I believe most gun owners in the north west are wildly liberal.
I personally know a couple gun owners that have 8-9 guns ammo'd up, reloading equip and supplies, thinking there is upcoming bans and they were voting democrat!!.
when I confronted them they replied I have my gear I dont care, one started chanting Bernie, Bernie....so you have 2 things I recognize immediately...narcissistic, morally superior, democratic hypocrites as usual, & the less educated masses that are easily programed by the crooked liberal media....poor buggers dont have a clue ...just watch the daily news it's amazing I bought a case of popcorn for this real life IDIOCRACY show:p

I'm gonna drop three words here...

ROPE-A-DOPE.

When Dems say they're "giving up" or "backing off," what it really means is they're either waiting for us to get complacent and let our guard down for a Pearl Harboring, or they're teeing up a new attack from another direction--possibly the Big Vocal Push even having been misdirection like a magician's wand to take our eyes off the real line of advance.

"Attack, Attack, ALWAYS Attack"--George Patton would p*ss on the lot of these people, but even he would respect their commitment to the principle of "Always On The Offensive"...

I think Trump has completely rattled the Dems and they are pulling back a bit to see if he's all bark or bite.
It's all about getting re elected first and pushing their liberal agenda second.

I think Trump has completely rattled the Dems and they are pulling back a bit to see if he's all bark or bite.
It's all about getting re elected first and pushing their liberal agenda second.
Which would be completely counter to the pattern they showed with Obamacare: "ram it through no matter what the electoral bloodbath because once in it'll never be repealed and We'll Be Back as soon as we can beg, buy or steal enough votes anyway."

NEVER underestimate the Progressives' arrogance or their fanaticism...

I'm more concerned how she is going to "fix" the education system by doing the same thing everyone else tries and it fails...

"Just throw more money at it.."

"BROWN DROPS MAG BAN PROPOSAL"

Don't believe this for a moment!
Bloomberg put millions into her campaign and will demand
quid pro quo. They are regrouping and Dems will sling this back to Oregon house & senate within the year.

They have until July 9th as the legislature is required to end the session on July 10th. It's going to be a long 6 months.

I believe the only reason they let us believe they're backing off is because they see a chance for a bigger win down the road. They don't want to mess it up by putting something out there that will get the funds flowing in opposition and creating a base for something as 'trivial' as a mag ban. Remember Oregon is in step w/California and leading in other progressive areas, the liberal base is well ensconced in Oregon. There's NO WAY (IMO) that she's backing off because of a 'lack of support', she wants make sure the next push is a slam dunk so she's lining up her ducks while the 'ignorant, knuckle draggers' are letting their guard down.

I say continue to stockpile while the gettin's good.

I believe the only reason they let us believe they're backing off is because they see a chance for a bigger win down the road. They don't want to mess it up by putting something out there that will get the funds flowing in opposition and creating a base for something as 'trivial' as a mag ban. Remember Oregon is in step w/California and leading in other progressive areas, the liberal base is well ensconced in Oregon. There's NO WAY (IMO) that she's backing off because of a 'lack of support', she wants make sure the next push is a slam dunk so she's lining up her ducks while the 'ignorant, knuckle draggers' are letting their guard down.

I say continue to stockpile while the gettin's good.

May not be too far off. In the 2015 session, they had been handed the (I believe) first full Democrat majority in both houses, in addition to the Governorship. They had carte blanche to really do anything they wanted, and we got hosed with SB941, a worthless law that they aren't even enforcing. I think they might have pushed for more 2 years ago, but the super majority was new and they knew that Gov Kate had to run again in 2 years.

Fast forward 2 years and Oregonians handed Democrats/Anti-gunners a 2nd full majority. But, again, Kate has to run again in 2 years as this election was only for serving the remaining 2 years on what would have been Kitzhaber's 4th term had he and his lady/mistress hadn't done such stupid crap. Add to that, we have the first Republican SOS in I don't know how long, and that could be a thorn in her side if they go down certain paths.

Fact remains that they don't yet know if they have the majority in Oregon fully secured. This last election showed that only 1/2 the state is behind Brown (49.6% of voters voted for anyone but Brown), and the Dems did lose a few seats. I think they're smart enough to know that there is still a solid group of conservative voters in Oregon, and while they may not be in the majority, they can make noise and make things difficult for them. It may not be worth investing the political capitol to attack such a hot-button topic in advance of Kate going for a 2nd term in 2 years.

We'll just have to watch and see. I don't trust any of them. They will find some way to hose us, and it will probably take place in the middle of the night.

I doubt the idea will die, but I must admit that I assumed it was basically a done deal and have been making regular purchases in response.

Here's my take on this scenario, the GOV saysells that they want to ban certain items, so then what does the public do? They run out & buys mass quantities of the said item, creating more tax money for the states (well maybe not Oregon but Washington). Then they come clean (lack of a better word) and say we aren't going to ban it.... Then down the road they will come back with something else in its place and then once they do ban said things they can make money off of us by requiring gun owners to have a special license for said banned item (AW license which is needing renewed every year).....
Now can you see where this type of human control and manipulation is beneficial to said GOV entities? Balance baaa......

Brown is doing what she is told. It's not just all the Bloomberg money, it's the enormous power he holds. Bloomberg is one of eight people who own slightly more than half of the World's wealth. Read the article and look at the list. See anybody friendly to firearms and your rights as a citizen there? They are holding off for now, but only because their puppet Hillary didn't win. As soon as we fall asleep at the wheel like we always do they will go for the throat as they always do.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/16/world/eight-richest-wealth-oxfam.html

We have a small amount of time where the progressives/minions of the wealthy are a bit dazed before they regroup, and we had better make good use of it.

This is not about gun control. This is not about safety. This is about stripping all of our rights so we can be serfs to the unelected powers. This is about your children, grandchildren, and beyond. Think hard about how badly you want them to live as free people and what you are willing to do to preserve that.

I'm not talking bullets, I'm talking about taking a little time every day or every week to ride heard on your politicians and what they are up to. I'm talking about letting them know how you feel in writing and in person, and by paying attention during elections and supporting the good ones with yout time and dollars.

If we are simply content so sit back in our rocking chairs we are letting them steal the free future that belongs to our decendents. You choice as you are still free, but not for long if you don't put the pressure on.

I'm interpreting "lack of support" as "don't want to expend the political capital now because we know this one is going to be a brawl, and we might as well focus on the other horse manure we can get through." Trampling on 2A rights with wildly unpopular measures has never been a concern for the anti-RKBA set, so I'm just not totally buying the official line and we'd be wise not to let our guard down.

I'll admit I went on a kind of gonzo mag buying spree in the last few years for fear that the Wicked Witch of the West was going to win the presidency and Brownstain the governorship. The former, thankfully, didn't happen, but the latter still became a reality. Regardless, a pile of magazines is, well, a pile of magazines. ;)

Bingo!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads