JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can go online anytime & pay for a duplicate, unfortunately it may be against the law to have more than one
Damn, I will have to look see if they will let us do that here.
Edit: Went and looked. Said I can get another license for $20 on line if I say I lost mine. Guess I could do this and then if asked say I found the one I thought I lost? Think I may order one just to have a damn spare. Keep one in the safe.

Damn, I will have to look see if they will let us do that here.
Edit: Went and looked. Said I can get another license for $20 on line if I say I lost mine. Guess I could do this and then if asked say I found the one I thought I lost? Think I may order one just to have a damn spare. Keep one in the safe.
In AZ I had an ID card and DL. I kept the DL in the Jeep and the ID in my wallet.

That worked until I got a 2nd vehicle.

In AZ I had an ID card and DL. I kept the DL in the Jeep and the ID in my wallet.

That worked until I got a 2nd vehicle.
What always scars me is losing my damn wallet, then needing the license before they got around to mailing me the new one or I could get down to the damn place to get one. For $20 think it will be worth just ordering another and keep one here in case.

Only thing that I'd consider is with the bar codes and enhanced licenses nowadays, there is a good chance that your current license will get tagged as invalid because it was lost and your new one will become the valid license. I suppose this would only be an issue if/when a LEO scans it and wouldn't be an issue when just showing it to an FFL, liquor store, etc. for the purpose of verifying identity/age. I'd carry around the new one in my wallet just in case.

Only thing that I'd consider is with the bar codes and enhanced licenses nowadays, there is a good chance that your current license will get tagged as invalid because it was lost and your new one will become the valid license. I suppose this would only be an issue if/when a LEO scans it and wouldn't be an issue when just showing it to an FFL, liquor store, etc. for the purpose of verifying identity/age. I'd carry around the new one in my wallet just in case.
Good point. I think I will order another and when new one gets here just stick the old one in the safe as a "just in case"

Not in my State, my new license has my new house address on it, so I never use it. The old license has my business address & that's the one I like to pull out

Didn't see it mentioned but I bought a revolver 8 days before my birthday.

The guy at the FFL pointed out that if it took more time then that I would have to have a updated license or he could not release it to me.

I got my paper temp and with that & my original 'outdated' laminated one I was able to get the gun out of jail.

Providing physical ID to purchase and/or pick up a firearm should go without saying. Counterfeiting is a real problem.

Honest mistakes happen… badmouth someone for said mistake is not necessary. Post 5 already stated the problem.

I will expand on it.

NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM! (NICS)

Should be no delay PERIOD!
If there's a problem fix the EFIN system!

Honest mistakes happen… badmouth someone for said mistake is not necessary. Post 5 already stated the problem.

I will expand on it.

NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM! (NICS)

Should be no delay PERIOD!
If there's a problem fix the EFIN system!
Welp.....since there IS the NICS system and the rules that follow it, the problem is the ID. Not the wait.

It's like getting a speeding ticket and blaming it on the DMV. Nobody LIKES the DMV, but it's not their issue.

Welp.....since there IS the NICS system and the rules that follow it, the problem is the ID. Not the wait.

It's like getting a speeding ticket and blaming it on the DMV. Nobody LIKES the DMV, but it's not their issue.
Yea but Americans struggle taking responsibility for their actions. It's easier to point the finger and blame others.

I get your side. If the instant background check is done it should simply say proceed. Never would have needed to go back to pick it up. I also would accept that it was my fault for not having my ID with me as well though. I can't fault the employee for following the rules because of my own negligence

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top