Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gov. of Alaska resigns today?

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by swoop, Jul 3, 2009.

1. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Why did gov. Palin call it quits today? Will she run for Pres. in 2012? Any thoughts on this..

2. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

I think she knows how to do the most good for the causes she believes in. And being the easy target for false accusations she is as governor is not in the best interest of the cause. She will be very powerful against the left. You know that because you can see how much they fear her. She do some thing like Newt is.

3. 284guy

284guy Woodburn Member

By her stepping down it takes the eye off Alaska, and then they can push through the things they need to for Alaska. I firmly believe you will see her running for a senate seat very soon....

4. ikona

ikona west of pdx Member

Or perhaps she lacks the mettle to handle politics. She has had some false accusations but so have a lot of other politicians. She is probably a nice person but way too thin skinned to be an effective leader. With all the crap going on with people and the GOP lately, my biggest concern is that there might be something going on and she was "asked" to step down. Just my .02

5. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

I'd like to see her on Celebrity Jeopardy with Alex Trebek.

6. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

I like her stance on the second amendment!! :thumbup:

(needed to insert some "firearm-related" comments so the thread won't get closed due to to rules "violations") :D :thumbup:

7. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Why not take her at her word?
    She, her family and staff have had to devote WAAYYY too much time defending her decisions to the left leaning press, and in court against the devotees of George Soros and company. She obviously respects her constituents and feels they aren't getting their money's worth if she is devoting 80% of her time defending her political (and personal) decisions.

She spent extensive political capital getting others (in her party and the other) thrown out, due to not keeping their "eye-on-the-ball."

She is honest and ethical enough to apply the same rules to herself. This is precisely why the pundits in the media and eastern politicians can't figure this out!!

So often we hear greenies and lefties espousing the "biological opinion" and how politicians suppress it.
    The Alaska dept. of fish and wildlife biologists recommended shooting wolves for predator control, and she implemented their plan,...
    And then had to defend the decision in court, (costing the state big $$$$) against the PETA-HSUS-greenie agenda.

Not the best way for Alaskans to spend their revenue dollars.

8. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

Good riddance. We need intelligent politicians - regardless of your political leanings, she wasn't the sharpest tool in the box.

9. slingshot1943

Those of you who hope she has gone away are going to very much disapointed.

10. PDXGS

PDXGS Aloha... yes, Aloha, Oregon Member

How can the fact that she has chosen not to fullfill her obligation to the people of Alaska play in her favor? She has an obligation to come clean on her reasons to her constituents. Either way she will be labeled as a quitter from both sides.

11. slingshot1943

I smell fear

12. swoop

I think she's intelligent enough, although she could use a little more prep. before interviews. One thing is for sure, she would never come after your guns.

13. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

What part of this don't you understand:
    She obviously respects her constituents and feels they aren't getting their money's worth if she is devoting 80% of her time defending her political (and personal) decisions.

I watched the entire press conference. Stop listening to MSNBC's take on it and listen to what SHE said. Not Ariana Huffington's opinion.

14. cameronhu

cameronhu Ridgefield, Wa Member

I don't think this is a question of understanding, but rather a question of what one believes. This is a delicate topic, let try and keep it civil.

15. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

We can certainly use more politicians who are as enlightened on 2nd Amendment issues as Sarah Palin....I'm reminded of an email I received several month ago that said "do not open any emails that say they contain nude pics of Sarah Palin because it probably contains a virus, but also don't open any emails advertising nude pics of hillary clinton because it might be real".

16. Teufel_Hunden

Teufel_Hunden Albany, Oregon Active Member

We're much better off under Obamunism. All the lefties are scared to death by a strong right wing woman.

17. Randini

Randini Salem Member

Oh no who will keep an eye on the Russian's with her gone :confused:

18. slingshot1943

To quetion somone's metel who owns and operates an Alaskan fishing boat shows ignorance of metel.

19. swoop

And I'll bet a well armed Alaskan fishing boat. :D

20. Descendant

Descendant Eugene, Oregon Member

I think she resigned so she could be clear to pose in Playboy. Looking forward to that. :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.