Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gov. Kitz will "Vigorously" Pursue Gun Control

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by BroncoFan, Nov 17, 2014.

1. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

NoFlinch and John Gault like this.
  2. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I haven't seen OFF at the gun shows lately. Good place to donate..

NoFlinch likes this.
  3. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What we need to do now is get the ball rolling on educating the masses that this is a bad idea and will do no good anyone in Oregon. Infact it will cause us to waste even more money on retarded legislation that will give not a single benefit.

orygun and bnsaibum like this.
  4. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Unfortunately the lovely voters in Oregon gave him carte blanche to do anything he wants - a legislature with a majority of Dems in both. It will be virtually impossible to stop them now, save for them making a mistake that can be challenged in the courts. I fear this is the beginning of the end of the freedom we've had here. Might as well change our name to North California.

mjbskwim, CoastRange57, AMT and 2 others like this.
  5. nextgenar

nextgenar roseburg Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

That is exactly what should have been expected, when Oregonians are foolish enough to continue electing people like Ava Braun Burrdick, Floyd Pronazi, and our wonderful Governor Dr John (Joseph Mengele) Kitzhaber! If you didn't vote or didn't vote against them, then it was a vote for them. And the rest of us will pay for that.

6. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Unfortunately the (very slight) majority of the people of Oregon decided that a lying, worthless, waste of a "leader" was the better choice than a guy who has really worked hard to protect our rights. I really couldn't believe it when he was re-elected. I've lost a lot of respect for Oregon voters. If anyone pro-gun cast a vote his direction, they should be hanging their heads in shame.

As for us, we managed to convince even some long-time Dems not to vote for him. And they were actually happy to do so. As close as Richardson came, it's clear not everyone was happy with Dr. K, just not enough.

7. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Hahahahahahaha

"He also indicated that he plans to use health care reform as a means to implement more gun control. He said by using the mental health system and reorganization of the health care system they can “identify families at risk” of gun violence. How exactly will Oregon’s doctors and mental health professionals play into this agenda of gun control. Does Gov. Kitzhaber plan to have doctors report on patients?"

Im laughing because we have a huge shortage of mental health providers. In my county, the state medicaid plan requires that the patients only go to a mental health clinic in the county. Well, there is only one. it is understaffed and has part time docs. Obama care added 5000 new medicaid patients in my county alone.

So "identifying families at risk" is going to be pretty tough if THEY CANT GET SEEN ANYWHERE. What, do you have a star trek scanner from the governors office that will magically see crazy gun owners?

The whole thing is a joke. sad beyond sad. Yes, go after guns you idiot. He should not ever use the title "Doctor" again.

8. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

I fear "Identify families at Risk" will mean if you have an unstable person in the family all the guns will have to go.

9. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

And file a lawsuit against Oregon for discrimination.

Tie a "Defensive Lifestyle" to the list of self expresive groups.

Let them know smoke and mirrors will be met with legal action when it comes to banning firearms owners from establishments. OC or CC.

Also perhaps start a bill that prevents Oregon from passing anything that restricts ones freedom and right to purchase a firearm if FFLs are closed sunday thats a restriction on our rights. Also mandate that backround checks (if mandatory) be free and available 24/7. No shutdowns period. Rain snow, busy from a gun show.. You name it.. Flip the system in its ear.
    OR like our brothers, ignore the unconstitutional laws in mass. They cant prosecute us all!

forefathersrback and bnsaibum like this.
  10. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

I HONESTLY do not want to start controversy, but I contacted Kevin from OFF a week or 2 ago, and TRIED to explain to him that HE really needed to gear up OFF because of the gun law passing in WA.

His response was one of "surprise" that he wasn't doing enough, that he thought he was doing everything he could/should.

There are more details to our email conversation, but I want to make one point.

I STRONGLY, STRONGLY encourage everyone to send him an e-mail, supporting him and his efforts, encouraging him to gear up for a fight against Doc. K, and support him with $$ IF you are happy with his future actions.

If everyone sent him $5, he'd have some "working money" to start with.

He needs our support, but he also needs to make OFF a lot stronger of a organization if we are to succeed.

This is my opinion only. If you disagree, .......you're wrong.....:):):):D:D:D:):):):D:D:D

11. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

What it really means is that people will simple refuse to be treated for depression.

Dyjital likes this.
  12. WasrNwarpaint

WasrNwarpaint Portland Well-Known Member

What it really means is that people will simple refuse to be treated for depression.

oh great aggressive behavior & suicides will rise. great way to stop unnecessary deaths huh?

13. NoFlinch

NoFlinch In a van down by the river Owner of Cocaine addicted dog.

That depresses me.

ZA_Survivalist likes this.
  14. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Bingo! And unstable might mean that short mild bout of post-partum the wife had a few years ago or that time the kid was prescribed something for his A.D.D. that is so common now. This was all predicted and now it's coming true.
    These people are control freaks.

rick benjamin likes this.
  15. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

We are pretty much screwed here. The two newly elected Democrats that tipped the balance are both on record as wanting more gun control. It's going to be a grim two years, and there won't be much we can do to stop them during that time. We need to make it as hard as we can while preparing for the next elections. We absolutely need to gain control of the state Senate or Representatives. We also need to make life as hard as possible on our opponents as they will make no compromise or have any mercy.

*** THIS IS WAR. I DON'T INTEND TO FIGHT FAIR. I INTEND TO WIN. ***

We need to make life uncomfortable for our newly elected corrupt Governor who has made gun control his top objective. Let's not let those stories die about his corrupt actions on behalf of his live in lobbyist. If we can let's force resignation. Yes, he would be replaced by a clone who will sign the legislation, but the example would be priceless. As they say "If you have to kill one of the chickens, make sure the monkeys watch".

ALL politicians have something to hide, control freaks especially. I guarantee Ginny Burdick is dirty, we just have to dig and find it. Let's make it a priority to undermine her and prevent her re-election in 2016. Let's also start looking into the others who support gun control as well. ANY bad apple needs to be exposed, and ANY bad apple that gets tossed is an opportunity to replace it with a good or at least better apple.

Let's also remember to support our friends. You have to know that Betsy Johnson is going to pay a price for doing the right thing and supporting Liberty. Let's stand behind her starting by thanking her for her support and then follow up by supporting her campaign when it comes election time.

NoFlinch likes this.
  16. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Kitz has already buried his guns. If it gets too stupid I'll move my family away from that dip s#*^t and his bicyclist voters to another state that honors our CHLs! Sad. I vote my bubblegum off to no avail.

mjbskwim likes this.
  17. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

it's not your dear gov you should be worried about. you need to brace yourself for these voter initiatives.

OFF should be planning to fight these initiatives, and you will need NRA support to do it. like it or not.

NoFlinch likes this.
  18. BroncoFan

BroncoFan Eastern Oregon Well-Known Member

The immediate concern is the legislature that will be in session in a very short time. Initiatives will have to be dealt with two years from now in the next election.

OLDNEWBIE and 3MTA3 like this.
  19. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Exactly - they can write the legislation prior to the 2015 session, then have the power to pass it on the first day, and the Governor signs it on the second day. ANYTHING they want, and the list is long and includes registration and confiscation (listen to the Kitzhaber and Burdick tapes).

They don't NEED initiatives, rather we will be pursuing them to attempt a reversal in 2016.

U201491 and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  20. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

"Oregonians" didn't re-elect Kidslobber, nor did they elect a democrat majority.

Californian, and New England "immigrants" did.

U201491 and nextgenar like this.