JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is really not so such much the residents fault, but the fact that gun rights in Oregon just don't have the same kind of well funded and professional organizations working for our side, that the anti-gun forces do.

The enemy is very well organized, and working very hard. Plus they can count on Bloomberg supporting them financially.

This means that our last hope is now the Oregon Senate races this November. But are there even two Democratic Senators who are up for re-election that are even vulnerable enough to oust? Or is anything being done to target any of them?

The other side has been targeting Republicans and picking them off one by one.

The entire Oregon House of Reps is up for re-election this year, so there is a chance to shake them up. And I do know there are some good pro-gun folks out there, if Oregonians would just vote for them. If they want to pass an anti-gun law, they'll need both the House and Senate, so even if we don't tip the Senate, if we can bust the House, we should be able to create a deadlock. That's my hope anyway.

I see it as knee-jerk, though I would suggest it's something she wholly believes in.

Posing a philosophical question, if the governor was to propose banning bi-sexuality, homosexuality and abortion on the basis that it causes normal people to go nuts and kill, what form of howls do you think would rise up from the rabble who insist on that as a freedom?
What if she were to ban police from carrying firearms?
Disclaimer: the wife tells me I'm homophobic, but I couldn't care about a person's sexuality.

The one quote I read which, to me, underscores the naivete of the whole group is,
These steps will greatly assist local, state, and federal law
enforcement agencies in determining where firearms used in
crimes have come from. If there are "bad apple" gun dealers, this
data and will help the police find them, can be used in the
prosecuting of illegal firearm deals, and will help keep guns from
falling into the wrong hands.

How many of these so-called "bad apple" gun dealers do you think are going to go on radar and call in a gun purchase, or log any gun that they intend on selling under the table? Restrictions create black market. It's karma - cause and effect.

The enemy is very well organized, and working very hard. Plus they can count on Bloomberg supporting them financially.

Yes you are right of course Lance, but the beast is even bigger than you describe.
A few years ago, the Marxist Go-zillionaire George Soro's, started a funding scheme called "The Secretary of State Project". It's purpose to fund state level secretary of state campaign's. The candidates, of course, were only the most left thinking in each state race.
The beneficiary in the Oregon race at that time, a relatively unknown female candidate, Kate Brown. :eek:

The way the Marxists work:
1.) Identify a nonexistent problem.
2.) Propose and implement a restrictive, "solution" that will change nothing.
3.) Nothing changes, so further restrictions are proposed and implemented.
4.) Still nothing changes, so repeat step 3 until nothing is left.
5.) Once nothing is left, put the dissidents in re-education camps.
6.) Kill all who resist.

"Ban extended-capacity magazines. Outlaw the future purchases of extended-capacity magazines in Oregon. This type of ammunition enables individuals to fire repeatedly without the need to reload and significantly increases a shooter's ability to injure and kill large numbers of people."

They refer to magazines as a type of ammunition.

Kind of makes those ridiculously overpriced Magpul 60's and the XRail look like collectors items, doesn't it? Take 'em on a boat ride.

"Gun Safety" is just a political belt sander, advancing the gun-ban agenda in irreversible smaller increments that citizens aren't supposed to recognize for what they really are. After all, "It's just magazines, not guns!"

Make no mistake, total eventual prohibition is the ultimate goal, one little bill at a time, finally leaving criminals tooled up and the rest of us unarmed.

I'd prefer to take "Gov" Brown for a boat ride. I didn't vote for that POS.

Last Edited:
That's because you want to hit her so hard your fists have
b o n e r s.:eek::eek::eek:
I was going to comment on fists and such but I have been warned by the mods not to mock her orientation so I won't do that. There. We can all get along.

Nothing worse than a politician who was never voted into the office they hold. Only slightly worse than politicians who were voted into the office they hold though.

The entire Oregon House of Reps is up for re-election this year, so there is a chance to shake them up. And I do know there are some good pro-gun folks out there, if Oregonians would just vote for them. If they want to pass an anti-gun law, they'll need both the House and Senate, so even if we don't tip the Senate, if we can bust the House, we should be able to create a deadlock. That's my hope anyway.

That would be such an incredible long shot. Democrats have a 35-25 advantage in the House now. It was only in the Senate that gun control efforts in recent years were being barely beaten back by a single vote, until the Democrats won two seats in the last election, and thus tipped things in their favor.

Do you not remember the last election? Both of the two new Democratic Senators got massive financial support from Bloomberg. They were elected SPECIFICALLY TO PROMOTE A GUN CONTROL AGENDA IN OREGON.

Let's face it. The Republican Party is becoming irrelevant in Oregon, just like it has been irrelevant in California now for decades.

If Brown herself could somehow be defeated in the election, that would also save us. For a governor could VETO the legislation, which would also block it. And that is because Democrats don't yet have a two thirds majority to override a veto. I think that it would be easier to defeat Brown herself, than to oust 5 members of the House.

But Brown is our first Governor to have college degrees in Environmentalism and Women's Studies. No prior Governor ever had either of those degrees before. So obviously, she could not be more qualified to lead our state.

P.S. -- If you have been monitoring current Democratic planning within the party as I have been, you would be aware that the Democrats are pushing hard in the coming election to get a three fifths majority in November. They only have to gain ONE more Senate seat, and ONE more House seat in order to make that happen. So if they can duplicate their success from last year, they can then obtain that.

And why is that so very important, you may ask? It is very crucial indeed, since it takes a three fifths majority in both houses in order to pass new taxes.

If the Democrats gain those two seats as they are currently working feverishly to do, then you really better hold onto your hat next year. For we will get a FLOOD of new TAXES from the state.

Not only will our gun rights become eroded, but our pocketbooks will be badly downsized too.

:eek:

This is really quite an important election. It may go down in history as the election that finally turned Oregon into being another California.

Bloomberg will be as pleased as Punch. He will be grinning ear to ear.

bloomberg.jpg

Last Edited:
That would be such an incredible long shot. Democrats have a 35-25 advantage in the House now. It was only in the Senate that gun control efforts in recent years were being barely beaten back by a single vote, until the Democrats won two seats in the last election, and thus tipped things in their favor.

Do you not remember the last election? Both of the two new Democratic Senators got massive financial support from Bloomberg. They were elected SPECIFICALLY TO PROMOTE A GUN CONTROL AGENDA IN OREGON.

Let's face it. The Republican Party is becoming irrelevant in Oregon, just like it has been irrelevant in California now for decades.

If Brown herself could somehow be defeated in the election, that would also save us. For a governor could VETO the legislation, which would also block it. And that is because Democrats don't yet have a two thirds majority in the Senate. I think that it would be easier to defeat Brown herself, than to oust 5 members of the House.

But Brown is our first Governor to have college degrees in Environmentalism and Women's Studies. No prior Governor ever had either of those degrees before. So obviously, she could not be more qualified to lead our state.

P.S. -- If you have been monitoring current Democratic planning within the party as I have been, you would be aware that the Democrats are pushing hard in the coming election to get a two thirds majority in the Senate in November. They only have to gain two more Senate seats, in order to make that happen. So if they can duplicate their success from last year, they can then obtain that.

And why is that so very important, you may ask? It is very crucial indeed, since it takes a two thirds majority in both houses in order to pass new taxes.

If the Democrats gain those two Senate seats as they are planning to do, then you really better hold onto your hat next year. For we will get a FLOOD of new TAXES from the state.

Not only will our gun rights become eroded, but our pocketbooks will be badly downsized too.

:eek:

This is really quite an important election. It may go down in history as the election that finally turned Oregon into being another California.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm holding out hope for the House. Several big-name folks are not returning, which could leave an open door for a good replacement. All we need to do is block a majority, which, up until the last election, we've been able to do. I know a lot of Oregonians are getting a little sick of certain things being forced on them by Salem. Maybe it will change.

As for my district, my current rep, Brent Barton, who f'd us over on SB941 is not running again and a friend of ours, pro-2A, is running for his seat. Her name is Evon Tekorious and if anyone reading this is in Brent Barton's district in Clackamas County, be sure to vote for Evon this November.

All we need to do is block a majority, which, up until the last election, we've been able to do.

Not in the House. The blocking has always been done in the Senate in recent years. Bills were not pursued in the House only because legislative leaders realized that they did not have the necessary votes in the Senate to get them past.

Gaining 5 seats in the House is a very tall order. And again, we just don't have the necessary organizations or funding available to implement any kind of strategy or effective campaign at all.

So while the Democrats might have some vulnerabilities this year, we don't have the necessary resources in order to be able to exploit them.

Not in the House. The blocking has always been done in the Senate in recent years. Bills were not pursued in the House only because legislative leaders realized that they did not have the necessary votes in the Senate to get them past.

Gaining 5 seats in the House is a very tall order. And again, we just don't have the necessary organizations or funding available to implement any kind of strategy or effective campaign at all.

So while the Democrats might have some vulnerabilities this year, we don't have the necessary resources in order to be able to exploit them.

I know it would be difficult, but as this year progresses, some folks are waking up to the fact that always voting for that side doesn't always work well. I am holding out hope, even if it's an uphill battle. I'm talking to every voter I can between now and November and trying to get out the vote for gun rights.

Kind of makes those ridiculously overpriced Magpul 60's and the XRail look like collectors items, doesn't it? Take 'em on a boat ride.

You consider the PMAG 60 overpriced?? Have you priced a X Products 50 round drum magazine lately?? 10 less rounds for 2.4 times the cost.

AR-15/M16 50RD 223/5.56 SKELETONIZED DRUM MAGAZINE | Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/ar-15-m16-50rd-223-5-56-skeletonized-drum-magazine-prod80481.aspx?avs%7cMake_3=AR-15&avs%7cManufacturer_1=x+products)

It took me a long time to learn that democrats don't just have a different view of how to solve the same problems that we all see in society.
Us, the bill of rights, the constitution, liberty are the problems they are trying to solve.
The reason they don't do anything about " gang violence " is because those are their constituents. The more dangerous and screwed up they make our country, the more they get to live like kings.
Take Haiti for example , a true third world hell hole yet all of their politicians drink champagne and live in walled off beach communities guarded by U.N. Tanks.

The American left wants nothing less for our country, but they gotta get rid of us first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top