Oregon Gov. Brown releases statement supporting gun control

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by tiggers97, Oct 1, 2018.

1. tiggers97

tiggers97
    United States

Well, she needs to show something for the $250,000 that Bloomberg gave her.
    Of course, she didn't try too hard, and just linked to an article her department put out earlier in the year. I guess posting something fresh is the $500,000 plan installment.

If you have facebook, have fun educating people!

Governor Kate Brown

bbbass likes this.
  2. usausausa

usausausa
    Land of the free ?

Still riding on the coat tails of Roseberg. Since KB and the anti KLAN started their rampage I see more gun thefts ,murder, armed robbery ,And Innocent people like woman and senior citizens being attacked than ever. The common sense these Morons are Forcing on Oregon is turning it into another Detroit.

bbbass likes this.
  3. E4mafia

E4mafia
    super secret
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

I wish I could get $250k just to make a small post on facebook.... Where do I get this job and how do I sign up?

Been doin it wrong this whole time trying to work a honest job and putting in the hours apparently.

4. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

Using the UCC shooting as an excuse to trample the rights of law-abiding citizens is despicable. It hits close to home as my better-half (@TeacherSmurf) was taking a course for continuing education when it went down. I am so glad she didn't go in that day.

This, eh-hem .... individual cannot be reelected. Period. :mad:

alv7722, crrs894x, bbbass and 5 others like this.
  5. NW Backpacker

NW Backpacker
    In the hills
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

She's probably not making a lot of noise about gun control because she's afraid she'll be whipped in November if more folks realize her true intentions; and she's probably right. Here's the March 5, 2018 article she linked to in the Facebook post:

Why We Need Gun Control Now, According to a Governor Who Is Making It Happen

In the next to last paragraph she reveals her true intentions when she says a ban on military-style assault weapons and high-capacity magazines would be a good start. She says they are weapons of war designed to cause mass casualties, not toys; and she claims that to say they're for sport or even self-defense goes beyond what is reasonable.

alv7722, bbbass and Slobray like this.
  6. nammac

nammac
    I-5 Corridor - West of Portland
    Constitutionalist Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I’m glad she’s so up front about this.

If conservatives do their job we’ll have a RINO Governor in January... Kate Brown will only continue to destroy the State of Oregon...

7. jim97701

jim97701
    Bend

Buck that fitch, I can't stand to look at her lying nasty face! My wife and I will be voting to flush brown down, she's got to go!. She is trying to make all of Oregon a crap filled cesspool just like Portland.:mad:

8. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

Knute Buehler would be a good start. Knute Buehler and a Kate Brown investigation would be an awesome start.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  9. U8395279

U8395279
    South Willamette Valley Oregon

Wow, this means that she will push real hard for new controls in the next legislative sessions.

I see her bringing a gun control tsunami to Oregon in 2019.

AFP_1076ZO.jpg

usausausa and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w
    Keizer
    This title is LCS CUSTOM! Gold Supporter

:mad:

usausausa, bbbass and Ura-Ki like this.
  11. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

I did notice for all her caring not one mention of condolences to the famlies especially those of her constituents in Oregon. Just another politician chasing headlines when everyday, drug use, homelessness, street crime is killing X times more Oregonians.

Flymph, Stomper, usausausa and 6 others like this.
  12. Aero Denezol

Aero Denezol
    Salem

If you're angry about the things you see happening around you, make sure you vote, and get at least one (1) other gun owner to vote too. There are a lot of us quietly watching on the sidelines. If we come out in force on election day we will be heard.

JavaDude, usausausa, GWS and 6 others like this.
  13. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

Personally I think the Dems are getting ahead of themselves and still can't figure out why Hillary lost. I think they are doubling down on a failed agenda. But we can't sit and hope. From my social media some people are still drinking the Kool-aid but some are stepping away.

usausausa, uberguy, bbbass and 6 others like this.
  14. TeacherSmurf

TeacherSmurf
    S. Oregon
    Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Silver Supporter

This just makes my head explode. :s0021:The nutjob, got his guns legally in CALIFORNIA. He brought them onto a "gun free" campus and started killing people, including a coworker's step-daughter.

The best way to have prevented this tragedy would have been to have him in an institution after he kept hitting the system.

15. CountryGent

CountryGent
    Southern Oregon
    Moderator Staff Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter

I realize I've said it before, but I will say it again: the whole concept of a “gun free” zone is the most spectacularly stupid notion in contemporary society. A terrorist, criminal, or head-case isn't going to give a damn about some plastic sign. And yet the mouth-breathers that run UCC doubled down on said brainless policy. :rolleyes:

16. GlockFan1990

GlockFan1990
    Clackamas

What the f**k is that thing on the right?

nammac, Aero Denezol and Stomper like this.
  17. WoodsPlinker

WoodsPlinker
    Scappoose OR

Well, at least you can count on two things, tyrrany and stupidity. If only I got paid for them both, then I'd love my state government.

I'm hoping Oregonians start doing investigative journalism for themselves, because the media won't do it thats for sure.

18. titsonritz

titsonritz
    Oregon City
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

titsonritz releases a statement supporting the 2A...

"ESAD Brown!!!"

19. Jonnyuma

Jonnyuma
    A Dirty Little Town in NW Oregon

She apparently scared somebody into giving her their sign cuz now she gots TWO... she cares twice as much as everyone else.

You, on the other hand, are obviously PRO-MASSACRE... there can be no common ground.

20. titsonritz

titsonritz
    Oregon City
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

Are you messing with shim? o_O

Stomper likes this.