JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Breaking: Gottlieb challenges Gates to debate gun control measure

Two days after the Seattle Times announced that Bill and Melinda Gates have donated $1 million to the Initiative 594 campaign, Bellevue gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb, who opposes the measure, has publicly challenged the billionaire Microsoft founder to a public debate.

<broken link removed>

Why is it that the ultra rich somehow feel it necessary to buy the rights of others? One's trying to restrict the size of your soft drink, another is attempting to preclude access to public lands, and now this dickweed and his wife extolling their virtues on gun rights.

We do not have to ask why? Just oppose in masses. It will be that simple. Yes I do believe the media and ultra wealthy are trying to do this to control the masses using fear and tyranny to support their beliefs and push their agenda.

Hey Mr. Gates, why not join in the open debate right here? Not unlike the closed, controlled questioning on Radio, or other Media?

I would like you see and answer to the public for your political agenda. Hey wait, you are not even an elected politician, why?, did you not steal most of your ideas from someone else to start that company?;)

Why is it that the ultra rich somehow feel it necessary to buy the rights of others? One's trying to restrict the size of your soft drink, another is attempting to preclude access to public lands, and now this dickweed and his wife extolling their virtues on gun rights.

{Thurston Howell III voice} All this delightful money gives us taste and class, which we want to share with you ungrateful hoi polloi. The taste and class, not the money of course.{/Thurston Howell III voice}

I just read the September issue of WAC Gun News and trying to further my understanding of the 591 and 594 initiatives. First a shout out to Alan Gottlieb, Phil Shave and the other core leaders and defenders of our gun rights. Concerning the question Phil raises "Where is the Grassroots", I can only offer my opinion... and that is many (myself) are simply getting winded from the constant barrage attacking damn near everything from gun rights to land right to the size of the soda pop you drink.

One of the downsides to media centric, 24/7 news cycle life we now live in, is that we are simply reaching our capacity to handle the onslaught. While we try and balance the demands of our daily lives, the tyranist's scheme and figure our clever ways to package a dirty bomb (what 594 is IMO) to look like a innocent stuff toy. As more of them find their ways into our legislative branches and government agencies, they build momentum and cover for each other. While we do the heavy lifting that makes America the great nation it is, they scheme. Want to get a good read on this, read Mark Levin's Ameritopia.

In reading the section "The Myths of Initiative 594", what really struck me was how crazy sinister this law, if approved, will be. Ask yourself this... if that handgun, registered to you and locked in a safe, is taken out of the safe by say your wife, because some stranger is at the door, did an illegal transfer just happen?

This law is a Trojan horse, just another attempt to crack the foundation of 2nd amendment rights and make gun ownership so onerous that we give up. DO NOT GIVE UP... I'M GETTING RUMMY FROM THIS TOO...BUT WE MUST FIGHT BACK!

In reading the section "The Myths of Initiative 594", what really struck me was how crazy sinister this law, if approved, will be. Ask yourself this... if that handgun, registered to you and locked in a safe, is taken out of the safe by say your wife, because some stranger is at the door, did an illegal transfer just happen?

This law is a Trojan horse, just another attempt to crack the foundation of 2nd amendment rights and make gun ownership so onerous that we give up. DO NOT GIVE UP... I'M GETTING RUMMY FROM THIS TOO...BUT WE MUST FIGHT BACK!

Alarming. I read it, too, while my friend was putting a new grip on a gun for me. That would be illegal if it passes? It sounds almost like every gun has to be treated like an NFA item if this Frankenstein comes to life. Just unbelievable.

We can't let this happen. We have to defeat it. HAVE to.

I would think that Bill Gates has not done his own homework only banking on someone else's "It's on the internet so it is true". He will be remembered as such.
Another [I got more money than you so there]

CCRKBA's Gottlieb ups the ante in his challenge to debate Gates

After days of waiting with no reply from billionaire Bill Gates in his challenge to debate the merits, or lack thereof, of Initiative 594, gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb today upped the ante, offering to face both Gates and anti-gun former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, another billionaire backing the initiative.

<broken link removed>

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

CCRKBA's Gottlieb ups the ante in his challenge to debate Gates

After days of waiting with no reply from billionaire Bill Gates in his challenge to debate the merits, or lack thereof, of Initiative 594, gun rights advocate Alan Gottlieb today upped the ante, offering to face both Gates and anti-gun former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, another billionaire backing the initiative.

<broken link removed>
Still waiting?

I hear crickets!!!

and more crickets!!!!!!!!1

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I hope he picks someone else to debate for our side. Allan Gottlieb does many things well, but debate is not one of them. I've seen him in action and I was singularly unimpressed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top