Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gotta love those tribal stewards of nature...

Discussion in 'Northwest Fishing' started by coastal steelheader, Nov 21, 2013.

1. coastal steelheader

coastal steelheader Aberdeen Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;_4G1R84swgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4G1R84swgU[/video]

2. coastal steelheader

[video=youtube;GmylnyVv18w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmylnyVv18w[/video]

3. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

What the heck? Who are these jackwagons?

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I kept hoping that one of them would yank so hard, the hook comes flying back and lodging in one of their eyes.
    Or, better yet, one of them falls into the river and doesn't know how to swim.

5. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Coastal, where is this and is it legal? Why is it legal? We finally had to ban all corkie fishing down here because of this.

6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

It's not legal.
    Most just want the eggs from the females. Notice the dead fish in the ditch across the road.
    This is what happens when you cut back state funds for game wardens.

7. JRuby

JRuby St. Helens Oregon Well-Known Member

Got any license plate numbers. I think this ought to be forwarded to the authority's. Just because they cut back the number of wardens does not mean that we as sportsmen cant do something about it.

JRuby

8. nwtech

nwtech Oregon Member

I hope you called the cops. bubblegum those folks.

9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Need to know where this is, Coastal!! After the first vid, I couldn't watch the second...blood pressure got too high!!

10. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

As in stand up and say something if it's illegal! Coastal, is it or isn't it? I don't give two turds what the hell people think, I video them, make the call and wait for the LEO's and then am willing to go to court as a witness, I've done it several times down here. It literally took going to many ODF&W meetings, writing letter after letter and having one very good OSP officer (Ryan Kher) on board to get it done, but after several years the slob technique of stationary corkie SNAGGING has been banned. Yes, many slobs were as mad as wet hens, but they did it to themselves. This video is great evidence and as such should be used. IF my comment offends anyone, too bad. If you condone this type of activity and lack of ethics and morals, in my eyes your one of them period.

pokerace, Ian1816, oknow and 4 others like this.
  11. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

Too bad there aren't grizzly bears here anymore, these creeps would make great bear poop

12. coastal steelheader

You're looking at the infamous Skokomish River

What the kid is doing is legal via tribal sgreement. The poor dumb bastards on the other side of the river must use one barbless hook or the game warden will take their birthday away. I just don't gt how there can be two sets of laws on the same river

Caveman Jim, Dunerunner, Taku and 3 others like this.
  13. bullshot

bullshot Thurston ,WA Member

I don't Have a problem with Indians fishing but they should have to do it the same way their ancestors did! With Cedar bark nets and willow dip nets, Mono filament and modern gear is not a tribal invention or a tribal right, You want your tribal rights use historic gear not a modern mans invention Let the liberal pansy government take charge and you get this kind of Double standard bull$hit

14. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

be careful about what you want if they put a fish wheel they could drain the river of fish.

Dunerunner, Caveman Jim, Taku and 7 others like this.
  15. Blitzkrieg

From what I've heard they use gill nets already and are one of the main factors in greatly reducing fish runs

16. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I quit fishin the Skok years ago due to this same crap. A guy can't even catch a fish without 10-20 guys running up to where you fished eggs & float & they start snagging!!!!
    Makes me sick to see so many guys down there with 10-12' G.Loomis rods and $200+ reels snagging the fish, landing them, bonkin them & high 5vin each other!!!! :jawdrop:

17. cmica

cmica puy Active Member

just pathetic! wish a car would come by and hit the sum bubblegum

18. clambo

clambo Vancouver, Wa. Well-Known Member

Fishing, fishing regs, and fishing reg enforcement are 3 seperate things that do not always go together. Add some Indians, toss in a few overwhelmed LEO's, and stir with the 1974 Boldt Decision. Dont forget to season with dams, tree huggers, and global warming. I quit. Its just no fun anymore. When a man needs a concealed handgun to fish safely its time to quit.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Blitzkrieg

Latest issue is having your rig broken into by thieves while you are trying to fish and relax

2506, U201491, Caveman Jim and 4 others like this.
  20. coastal steelheader

Stevens Creek on the Hump is the "Skok West" I think. Lots of flossing but not much fishing.

Caveman Jim and (deleted member) like this.