JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The stories coming out of there regarding firearms get better and better every day...

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14361484?nclick_check=1

Sounds like you had someone practicing their 2nd amendment rights last night!" Tuason wrote. "Should've pulled the AR out and prone them all out! And if one of them makes a furtive movement ... 2 weeks off!!!"

Also, how is it an exercise of your 2nd amendment rights to open carry when you can't even have your gun loaded? Sounds more like Halloween to me...how sad.

What I found most curious was the part about him "or someone claiming to be" the officer went on calguns and claimed to be sympathetic to the cause.

No way that jibes with what he wrote on FB.

Ah, most bay area cops are like that. I'd venture to say that most PRC cops are like that. The state's been running that bojive line about guns are really bad and people that own them are scum that want nothing more than to shoot anyone they see and on and on ad nauseum. It's not surprising that cops have this attitude. I've met a few (fled the PRC last year) that were shooters and didn't "mind" that "civilians" own guns. Really? You don't mind? Gosh, thanks.

The stories coming out of there regarding firearms get better and better every day...

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14361484?nclick_check=1

Also, how is it an exercise of your 2nd amendment rights to open carry when you can't even have your gun loaded? Sounds more like Halloween to me...how sad.

you can have a loaded clip just not in the firearm.. and just like the people IN THIS FORUM that OC because they can.. they are trying to defend their 2A rights ... Don

The OC folk have been making a stir in California for some time now.... and I am glad of it. So far, there has not been ONE shooting involving any of them..... and they've been rather visible in a lot of areas. Time ths tupic sleeping idiots that believe every gun is an evil thing waiting for an opportunity to stand up and kill someone get awakened to the reality that guns are NOT evil or dangerous. It is the people who carry them are.

Checking out the ABC site, and the Mercury News page on the cop, one thing struck me.... there were a number of shootings, knifings, and one cop killing mentioned between the two sources. And NONE of these people had their guns legally. Yet those who do, and are denied the right to carry them concealed, as they'd rather, are the ones stirring up hatred, opposition, fear in the drone-folk who see them.
Maybe these OC activists in San Mateo County, whose sheriff flatly denies them CWP's, will manage to create enough stir and publicity they can replace the present "Mr. NO" sheriff they're saddled with.

Don't know what it will take to turn those fascistic laws around down there.... maybe the state falling apart so badly there won't BE any cops on the beat...... so law abiding citizens will have to be the peace-keepers. Its happened before.....

I was told Mendocino country is the one of the few counties in California that still issues conceal carry permits. I hear he is very pro-gun. I really wish I could have a conceal carry permit for Cali, because I want to see family down there, but there is no way I am going down to Killer Kali without a concealed weapon to carry.

I hear that a lot of people in Los Angeles, conceal carry, its just that most do it illegaly.

Yes, there are a few counties that still issue permits. mostly in the rural ones. And few of those will issue an out of state permit, and those are only good for two months, take a long time to get, and you almost have to BE someone or have a specific task to do in California (such as an investigator on a case).

I know Humboldt is rather lenient on them, though they are sticklers for details. Mendocino makes sense. Fresno and Tulare counties are easy.
There is a website, I think its californiaconcealcarry.com, or something close. They have reviews of each county, their specific quirks in requirements, and how easy it is (or impossible... as Los Angeles and San Francisco.. I also know San Mateo, Sonoma, are near impossible).

Perhaps if enough people carry open, and no one gets killed by THEIR guns, a groundswell of change could come along and bring California back into tne Union, at least in regards concealed carry. They COULD make it a Shall Issue state, and end this nepotistic, back-patting, paying off, inside buddy good old boy system they've got now. But I'm not holding my breath..... nor will I willingly move there any time soon.

Maybe the CA cops are just looking for job security?

Face it, if the common man is allowed to defend themselves, LE (especially investigators) would have less crime the sweep up after (that is what they do, sweep up after the deed is done). Statically, every area with "right to carry" has significantly less crime against its citizens.

So, they would have to find something else to do. :D

Ed

Maybe the CA cops are just looking for job security?

Face it, if the common man is allowed to defend themselves, LE (especially investigators) would have less crime the sweep up after (that is what they do, sweep up after the deed is done). Statically, every area with “right to carry” has significantly less crime against its citizens.

So, they would have to find something else to do. :D

Ed

well, no worries there. As fast as that state is crumbling financially, there won't be even any more IOU's to PAY the cops.... so they'll quit coming to work, IF they've not been let go already. At that point, armed citizens will be the last defense against chaos. Unless they call in the military or guard.... in which case, they'll likely try and disarm EVERYBODY. But history has also proven that impossible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top