JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All right, let's keep this about things that you have been given that has just blown you away.

I know we all recieve gifts. Some are "ooooh", some are "aaaaah".

What have you received that have put a lump in your throat and left you speechless, sitting there with your mouth open?

I just received this from my daughter and wife for my birthday/anniversary/Father's day present. I was absolutely speechless (and I usually have a comment for everything :D ).

To put into perspective how big this is, I am 6 feet tall.

AirBrush_20190613161123.jpg

I just had to brag!

Funny side note.... My wife went to pick it up. When it was painted (yes, this is hand painted), a guy walked into the shop and and asked "IS THIS FOR SALE???". No, it's for a customer, but I could make another. The guy said "DONE! I WANT ONE!"

she took it over to have it clear coated, the painter asked if it was for sale. She said "no, it's for a customer. But I could make another". The painter and a customer both "ordered" one.

So, this may not be a "one if a kind" much longer.

:( :)

Awesome, you must be a good man! My wife recently just got me something I have wanted forever and made one of my friends jealous!
Him "how do you get you're wife to buy you a gun"? Me "years of training"!

What, am I the only guy that received a gift that has been left choked up? :D

I didn't mean for this thread to be about me, but intended it for anyone else who may have received something absolutely amazing and unexpected that it left you speechless.

For my birthday in 2009 my wife got me a trip. She did it all as a surprise, and boy was I surprised. Air fare to LA and back, tickets to the Autoclub 500 at Infineon Raceway, VIP hospitality passes, pit passes, accommodations at a nearby hotel, communications scanner for listening to the crews and drivers, a hat and a Dale Jr. T-shirt.
JohnatInfineon2009.jpg

And 5 years later she gave me this...
Alex-Aeryn - 8.jpg

Christmas 2018 my wife got me a bucket list gun I've wanted since I was a teen.

I bought myself an AK that just happened to be a day before Father's Day today.

There are a couple things I've been given by others or they sold me so cheap I may as well have been given them that really mean the world to me - I'd rather not list them but hopefully they know what it meant to me at the time (and still mean to me) and that I try to pay those good fortunes on anytime I can find an opportunity.

Not as big of deal as Zeke's beautiful little girl, or as extravagant as an all inclusive trip to the races, but, this stuff turns MY crank!.....

upload_2019-6-16_7-7-17.png

upload_2019-6-16_7-12-30.png

The cab ride is where the thrill is for me. The wine of the dynamo, the smell of the hot 90 YO steel, the sound of the whistle. Not many hills between Garabaldi and Rockaway but enough to hear some mild chuffing in a couple of places. I'll tell you something though. As you look down those rails you really can't see how uneven and bumpy they are. Sitting with our backs to the tender and watching that huge mass (144,000 lbs) of steel lurching from side to side is an amazing thing.

I haven't learned how to put my own video up, but this one looks and sounds the same as mine.

upload_2019-6-16_7-8-54.png

My first gun...
I still have it and shoot / hunt with it.
It was my Granddads ...he gave it to me when I was little and this shotgun , has provided me with fun , meat for the table and a lifelong passion for firearms.
It is a 1962 Remington Wingmaster in 20 gauge , 28 inch barrel and a Modified choke.
Andy
DSC06606.jpg

I went to visit my 85 year old father last January.
On the end table between the chairs we were sitting in was one of Dad's old watches, I picked it up and asked about it. He said it was a gift from his family when he graduated High School and it no longer worked and I could have it.
I took it home and researched it, it's a Bulova made in 1951. I stuck it the gun safe and kinda forgot about it.
Yesterday my wife gives it to me, my first thought was I didn't think she would of remembered the combination to the safe, anyway she had the watch repaired. I thought that was very nice of her to do this as this watch is not valuable but has great sentimental value.
We are having Dad over for a BBQ today and I am going to gift it back to him.
K38 1.JPG

The same day that Dad gave me his watch I closed a deal on this K38, which was also made in 1951, what are the odds of that?

Not as big of deal as Zeke's beautiful little girl, or as extravagant as an all inclusive trip to the races, but, this stuff turns MY crank!.....

View attachment 591061

View attachment 591063

The cab ride is where the thrill is for me. The wine of the dynamo, the smell of the hot 90 YO steel, the sound of the whistle. Not many hills between Garabaldi and Rockaway but enough to hear some mild chuffing in a couple of places. I'll tell you something though. As you look down those rails you really can't see how uneven and bumpy they are. Sitting with our backs to the tender and watching that huge mass (144,000 lbs) of steel lurching from side to side is an amazing thing.

I haven't learned how to put my own video up, but this one looks and sounds the same as mine.

View attachment 591062
That is awesome! My wife is a train/railroad junkie. She would be thrilled to take that ride.

That is awesome! My wife is a train/railroad junkie. She would be thrilled to take that ride.
CBS Sunday Morning (6-16-2019) just had a piece on the 414 (I think). Its one of the last big steam engines. Each driving wheel weighs 17K lbs! If you love trains check it out on On Demand. It was named Big Boy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top