JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody else seen this?

<broken link removed>
This isn't really a forgotten weapon, but it is a very fun concept gun that my friend Karl put together while we have been experimenting with the Slidefire stocks. These are stocks that allow a rifle to "float". The idea is that you hold your trigger finger in a fixed position and pull the rifle action forward. This causes you to fire the gun, and recoil then pushes the action backwards into the stock and resets the trigger until your continued forward pressure on the action pulls the trigger into your finger again. That may not make a lot of sense, but we have some slow motion footage of it working in the video below.

What makes these interesting is that by US law, a gun like this is not a machine gun, and may be owned by anyone who can legally own any typical rifle. With some experimentation, we found that single stage triggers with light pull weight make a big difference in allowing a Slidefire gun to run smoothly and easily. With this setup (and a 20″ heavy chrome-lined barrel), the gun comes remarkably close to the effectiveness of a true squad automatic weapon.

In fact, when we sent our friends at KE Arms some clips form this filming session, they thought it was a cool enough concept that they decided to build a rifle to this spec and offer it for sale. If you're interested in having one yourself (complete with our logo on the receiver!), check it out:

KE Arms' InRange Poor Man's SAW

I had a $99 cheapo on one of my AR's for a while and took it off. Burnin through ammo gets old pretty fast.

Why would anybody spend that kind of money when you can build your own Slide Fire stock for under $100.00? I put this together last year using a Magpul MOE stock and a Tapco SAW hand grip. But I still have to put the finger stop on the hand grip. I have a piece of carbon fiber for that. What I did a year ago is very similar to this youtube video. I just never finished it and have not had a chance to test fire. I went a little farther than the guy in the video. I added a spring inside the stock tube against the back of the buffer tube to assist the forward movement. It was relatively simple to construct. Also, you can do your own trigger job and buff the forward edge of the trigger to lighten the pull which would make it run more smoothly like the OP above. Plus I have a Chinese 120 round AR drum that I have had for about 20 years. I bought the drum way back in the mid 90's at a gun show. With the drum it would truly be a Squad Automatic Weapon. Now that I have dug it out for this thread, I think I will finish this project, test fire it and put it away for a rainy day when SHTF.

IMG_2052_zpsxi5u1lqq.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews