JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As Snew stated.....these guys are Warriors. We were in awe the whole time.
Met several sailors. Great men and women!!!

_The_guided-missile_destroyers_USS_Dewey_%28DDG_105%29%2C_front%2C_and_USS_Pinckney_%28DDG_91%29.jpg
Me on the fore deck....or whatever it's called

d24498c0.jpg

Coast Guard running security in port.

24460708.jpg

My son by the missile doors.
USS William P. Lawrence (DDG-110) is parked next door in the background.

7e4f25a3.jpg

They used these guns a lot in the movie Battleship on the USS Sampson

980e9dc5.jpg

Main gun and the Leutennant giving us the tour.

34e16306.jpg

Way cool! I have a trip to San Francisco coming up soon and I'm taking my son to USS Hornet. Your boy will remember that for a lifetime!

I love seeing things like that, heck I don't mind my taxes paying for ships that cool!

They are way cool!
I have been on a few different naval vessels on sea trials after complete overhauls and refits and they are awsome. My kids are all in their 30's now and have never forgot getting a VIP tour on a Destroyer and a tour on a MSC container ship top to bottom when they were little.

Last Edited:
My son served almost 2 years on the USS GONZALEZ (DDG 66) Welcome to Navy Forces Online Public Sites also a Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer. It's base in Virgina. I caught up with the ship in Sicily and saw the western half of the Med. then all up and down the East coast clear down into the Caribbean. It was his third ship he was also on the USS CHANCELLORSVILLE and USS SHILOH both in Japan (Guided Missile Cruisers) He liked the Destroyer better said the new designed hull rode rough water MUCH better then the Top heavy Cruisers. He's now on San Clemete Is maintaining aircraft navigation aides.

As Snew stated.....these guys are Warriors. We were in awe the whole time.
Met several soldiers. Great men and women!!!

_The_guided-missile_destroyers_USS_Dewey_%28DDG_105%29%2C_front%2C_and_USS_Pinckney_%28DDG_91%29.jpg
Me on the fore deck....or whatever it's called

d24498c0.jpg

Coast Guard running security in port.

24460708.jpg

My son by the missile doors.
USS William P. Lawrence (DDG-110) is parked next door in the background.

7e4f25a3.jpg

They used these guns a lot in the movie Battleship on the USS Sampson

980e9dc5.jpg

Main gun and the Leutennant giving us the tour.

34e16306.jpg

Hey bro. Every single MARINE will take exception to being called a "Soldier" and I'm relatively certain all Sailors would too. As a former Marine, I've never seen a soldier aboard a ship except to be transported to a battle zone. Greydog, Semper Fi.

The aircraft always bothered me more than the ships did - you never knew when a aircraft was goingt drop a sonar bouy on you - to me P3 orions were our worst enemy.

James Ruby
Once the P3 localized you, you're pretty much toast. Like what I said above, they have to find you first. We've played with P3s before and it was so much fun - we had to shoot a flare to give out our position.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top