JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
5.5" barrel SIG Rattler kit in 300 BO for a standard lower. I happen to have a SIG SBR lower this will go on nicely along with a SIG aluminum skeletonized stock.

Ive been wanting to get one of the MCX's but really didnt want the pistol or to have to do another SBR stamp. Best of all worlds.

oWquEy.jpg

It'll be a double build of sorts. The stock adapter that comes with the kit will go on my .22 LR SBR to make it a true folder with a magpul stock since it doesnt need a buffer tube. The SIG skeleton folder I had planned on putting on the .22 will go on the Rattler SBR. Both will be true folded while firing AR's. The parts should be in by Saturday then its lego time.

I wish someone would build a 9mm upper that didnt need a buffer. Sig makes the MPX and it works just fine but it strikes me as odd that the after market hasnt figured out how to put a upper together that goes on a standard lower. The SIG upper is too short for a standard upper.

SIG/M4 Rattler - Convert Your Existing SBR To A Rattler - GunsAmerica Digest

Last Edited:
I know that Sig has a pistol version with a collapsing brace, do you know if they offer the SBR configuration with a brace that is a side folder, or can you get the SBR configuration without the stock and get an aftermarket side folding brace?

The do not offer the side folder as a pistol brace. Best dollar spent is to get the Rattler kit and a standard virgin lower and build your own side folder with whatever "pistol" brace you want to use. The kits run about $1500 with match trigger set and folder adapter. Figure $200 more for a receiver and pistol brace. Its still $600 cheaper than you can buy a Factory SIG rattler for.

SIG's got 3 or 4 different stocks for under $200

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads