Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Got my UPIN

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Scvette, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Scvette

Scvette Olympia Active Member

Put in for a UPIN mid January, received in the mail today,can't wait to buy a new gun and try it out. My history has been every time I've tried to purchase has led to 1 deny and all the others have been delayed,and released after the 5 day wait. I know this is not a fix all,but at least it shows I'm not completely a bad guy.

808hondacrguy and TCOV like this.
  2. TCOV

TCOV OLYMPIC PENINSULA Active Member

I had the same problems and got a UPIN number several years ago. No problems now unless it is a dealer who does the background check on a computer. Then I still get a delay but if they follow up with a phone call it is approved. The background check with UPIN takes a little longer as it goes through a couple call transfers and I think the computer program sort of times out. That is just a guess but no problems when they use the phone for the background check. Just a heads up but you will like this.

3. forefathersrback

forefathersrback Central Oregon Well-Known Member

Scvette, thanks, I am not familiar with a Upin, I will research that.

4. Scvette

Scvette Olympia Active Member

Thanks to the mods for cleaning this up. Sorry it caused so much turmoil.