JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Picked up my new toy today, If I didn't have to work tonight it would be at the range :)
So far I do love it. With one spacer as it comes from factory it fits the laptop back pack I use for taking my PCC's to the range. Slightly short that way but will probably leave it like that as I like the compact. One thing that concerned me was the Glock mag insert. It is super easy to put in as others have said. The Glock mags are shockingly loose in there. I have a bunch of them and some fit better that others. All are factory mags but have been bought over many years so not sure which Gen they are and if that makes a difference. Some reviews mentioned this and said it seemed to effect nothing but when I take it out for a spin I will take the SR9 insert and mag just in case. Trigger is VERY nice, far better than any PCC I have ever had other than my old Mech-Tech's I used to have. Very crisp almost no creep. Will let everyone know how it shakes out when the range opens in the morning!

PC1.jpg PC2.jpg

I forgot I meant to give a shout out to this place
KitteryTradingPost
It's where I bought this. They seem to get several at a time and put them up on the auction for $530 with $25 ship. They will of course get a little cheaper as the pipeline fills but right now I see them selling there for a lot more. When I called to pay they were super friendly. Told then which FFL I used and they had them in the system already. So next day even though my shop was closed the gun was at UPS getting shipped. When I went to the FFL to let them know they first were envious I got one as they have not been able to get a hold of one, then thought they would have to send their FFL info. By then it was already on the way to them. So for anyone else who can't wait till these start showing up at the LGS this place is nice. Their website shows them to be a huge store, looks like a Bass Pro or such. Sent me a 20% off coupon to use at their store too.

Very nice! But how loose is 'shockingly' ? do they rattle if you shake the rifle? How about moving them by hand?
Yes especially the happy sticks. There is a lot more movement there than I have ever seen on any other rifle. Will see what happens when I run some ammo through it. If it causes some problems hopefully I can just get Ruger to send me another insert since that would have to be where the problem would be. I thought about buying a couple more SR9 mags for it but when I looked the damn things are more expensive that the G17 mags so to hell with that.
On another note along this line there seems to have been a run on the Glock Happy Sticks. I suspect due to the raging PCC market that use these. No one who was not trying to scalp had any for sale. No biggie since I have many. Was just going to buy a few more in a hat tip to the kids and their anti gun march. Will order a few more when they get more in.

Yes especially the happy sticks. There is a lot more movement there than I have ever seen on any other rifle. Will see what happens when I run some ammo through it.
It shouldn't. I had guns that rattle more than a rattler with a magazine inserted that never caused issues. What rifles is this being compared to with magazine rattle?

It shouldn't. I had guns that rattle more than a rattler with a magazine inserted that never caused issues. What rifles is this being compared to with magazine rattle?

I still have one of my Kel-Tec PCC's, had 2 for a while, and have 3 made by TNW that all use Glock mags. All of them they lock it quite tight. The TNW's you actually have to give the mag a little bit of a wack on the bottom to make sure they seat and once in they don't move. There is a difference in how this one is set up though. When I was looking at it before work the feed is set up just like a gun that fires from an open bolt. There is virtually no feed ramp, the rounds are almost a strait shot into the chamber. Will see in a matter of hours how it works. Even if there is something wrong here it "should" not be a big deal to fix. I assume Ruger could just send me another insert since that is what is holding the mag.

Hope it works out. Rattle doesn't always mean much, but I guess it depends on the rifle in question.

If it does cause an issue, Ruger will no doubt take care of it anyways.

Hope it works out. Rattle doesn't always mean much, but I guess it depends on the rifle in question.

If it does cause an issue, Ruger will no doubt take care of it anyways.
That's what I figure, if it's a problem it would be dead simple to fix, just send me a new insert. In the meantime I will still have the other one for the SR9 mag that came with it. Although only having one mag will suck. Would end up having to try to buy at least one more at one of the LGS here to hold me over.

You caused me to go check the wiggleness of my magazines in my PC Carbine. Yes there's a fair amount, but I never noticed it until you mentioned it in yours. I've shot it quite a bit and apparently it's not affecting function. Remember...there's a lot of magazine hanging unsupported beneath the mag well. So the same amount of looseness could be exhibited in the same magazine in a pistol, but you'd never know it since the magazine is supported the length of the grip.

Further, I just checked the same two magazines in my Kel Tec Sub 2000. The magazines are latched in the mag well the same, and potentially they'd seem just as loose, but the grip length gives the magazine less moment arm to move.

Last Edited:
You caused me to go check the wiggleness of my magazines in my PC Carbine. Yes there's a fair amount, but I never noticed it until you mentioned it in yours. I've shot it quite a bit and apparently it's not affecting function. Remember...there's a lot of magazine hanging unsupported beneath the mag well. So the same amount of looseness could be exhibited in the same magazine in a pistol, but you'd never know it since the magazine is supported the length of the grip.

Yeah as soon as I saw it the first thing I did was google it and right away one of the early reviews mentioned it. Maybe bring a couple pieces of shim stock with me just in case. I want to play with it one damn way or another after waiting this long to get my hands on one :)

Update, this little rifle just kicks A$$!! :)
The G18 mags and the G17 mags feed slick as can be. My non engineer guess is the way these are built. They feed like a gun made to fire from an open bolt so the mag slop does nothing. I tried to make it hang up and could not. Had the range to myself and 2 other gray hairs. Both of whom in no time were over asking me about the rifle. So of course seniors have to look out for each other and I offered to let them try. One had some kind of 9mm and was using happy sticks which he was pleased to see fit mine. When I told him to try it he started asking his friend if he had ammo. He was shooting reloads and did not want to use them in a borrowed gun. Now that's respect. I just handed him one of my mags full and told them both to try. They were very impressed. The one mentioned the other rifle I had laying there so I showed it to him. My TNW 10mm. He shot a mag through that too and I think he will be looking at one when he gets done shooting :) Bottom line as with all PCC's these are not going to be for everyone but I fell in love. Tired as I am I would have shot more but I filleted my damn thumb on my home made brass catcher I made for the 10mm from an AR brass catcher. Idea works great but I need to either smooth out the rough spots from my customization or start carrying band aids in my range bags :)
Couple of targets, one is a 17 round group from first mag in and the other is first 33 round both from about 40ft. I will need to put some kind of optic on it. Nice Ghost ring sights but my old eyes just don't do well with iron now. One of the other gray hairs I let try it was shooting groups where all the rounds were touching each other. You would think my new gun would at least try to make him look worse than me the little tramp. :)

PCT1.jpg PCT2.jpg

Very good.:cool:

My grey haired eyes have difficulty with this forward mounted pseudo-ghost ring setup, so for the first time ever, I installed a cheap red-blob sight on mine. It makes it incredibly easy to shoot bullseyes at 50 yards, very accurately.

P1050469.JPG

Last Edited:
Very good.:cool:

My grey haired eyes have difficulty with this forward mounted pseudo-ghost ring setup, so for the first time ever, I installed a red blotch sight on mine. It makes it incredibly easy to shoot bullseyes at 50 yards.
I bet, I have a couple cheap dots here I will be slapping one on. I took a little 1-4 x28 scope I use on my TNWs and tried it quickly. Forget to check it though and the riser on it needed for the TNW's puts it way too high. May get another for this. Now I just have to decide which 9mm to sell. I ended up with 3 9mm PCC's now so one will go soon. Will make me feel better about spending some more money on this one. When / if Ruger starts making these in 45 and or 10mm? I will be in line waiting for one! They came to this new game late but damn did they ever do it right!!!

Ruger has been on a roll and made another firearm I have been wanting for a while. I didn't really care for the options available on the market and was going to build a 9mm on the AR style platform. As close to a carbine as I could build anyways. But now a take down model from the factory and its a Ruger that takes Glock mag's !. And how much spunk will +p 9mm from a 16" barrel have ? Should be great for HD or a one caliber bug out bag for both carbine pistol. I'm just waiting for a phone call. Already tradded in two of my .22s and just waiting for the next shipment to show up. I'm 2nd in line at Keith's . Really excited for this one, the factory sights look perfect plus the fluted threaded barrel and a good trigger. And 9mm is priced right to have fun with. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top